Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shortage of molex connectors

• 13-11-2003 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

i want to buy cooler fans for HDD, but i don't have a free power connector, i don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

get a molex splitter they are sold in peats or maplins i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

on some fans, (most that i've come across) they have double connectors, allowing you to connect the fan and another device to the 1 molex connector. Check the specs for the fan. If you're getting a cool drive 3 it has one :) What cooler ya goin for? might be able to help you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Your motherboard may or may not have a spare fan connector or two available - check its manual, or better still have a look at it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

i was thinking of buying this

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?view=1&id=6040&type=6&path=14x122x300

i think what Cre3m0 suggested is what i need, molex splitter!

Thanks advices guys!

Advertisement