Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Panasonic TX32pd30

Options
  • 13-11-2003 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Does anybody know where I can buy a Panasonic TX32PD30 television or who is the agent for Panasonic televisions in Ireland? I have tried Panasonic on the web but it is only a UK site and when I enquire where in Ireland I can buy one, which it allows, it doesn't have any towns in the drop down menu (There are no towns in Ireland. Where do I live?). I Have emailed them but am waiting for a reply. One of the "What" magazines is raiving about this set. I know these mags are not the last word in making a decision but they are a help in deciding what to buy. This is the tv if anybody else is interested
    http://www.panasonic.co.uk/widescreen-flat-tv/tx32pd30/index.htm

Thanks
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

McGahon and O'Neills in Dundalk is a good Panasonic outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nospamjl

Hello Brian,

I think your best bet is to try online with dabs.com.

I can see a price of stg£1219 and delivery to "Éire" is only £23.50 if I read right.

Please let me know how you get on in any rate as I might get one of these for myself for Christmas :-)

nospamjl

Oh,

BTW - www.peats.ie seem to have one also but it's €2300 so I won't be going there :-)

nospamjl

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

Thanks nospamjl. I will look at dabs.com. I won't be going to peats either. DID Electrical said they could order one in for adout €2290. I said I would get back to them, yeah right. It's supposed to be excellent tv but not for that money. What is the story with duty if you buy from another country?

Brian

Hi Brian,

As you are buying in the UK, a fellow European country there is no duty or VAT paid other than in THAT country in which case it's VAT@17.5% compared to Irelands lovely own VAT@21%. I think that price I quoted from dabs is UK VAT included.

I've never ordered anything so big from DABs but I believe they are supposed to be reasonable customer service although I note it's another case of not having a phone no!! Worth checking out returns policy for Ireland before you buy.

One think to check out is if you use NTL basic cable. This is on VHF and some UK tv's only receive UHF. If you use NTL digital that shouldn't be a problem but as ever worth checking out..

Let us/me know how you get on,

cheers,
    nospamjl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 stendec

I did a fair amount of research on this one... I ended up buying the TX32PD30 from Panasonic directly in the UK. 0044 1403 750005 / www.shopatpanasonic-horsham.co.uk

It ended up cheaper then any of the other UK sites when you take into account delivery and if anything were to go wrong, your getting the TV directly from the manufacture.

As I am sure you are aware, the big reason for getting this TV besides the fantastic resolution and quality of picture, is that it has component video inputs. Therefore I needed a new DVD player that has component out to take advantage of the best possible picture quality on a TV. See below for the savings:

Panasonic UK / Peats IRE

TV TX32PD30 €1722 (£1199) / €2,300
    DVD Player S75 €142 (£99) / €179
    Delivery €229
    Total €2,093 / €2,479

SAVING: €386

However, this set uses UK PAL 1, UK TVs do not have tuners which are compatible with the
    VHF/Cable frequencies used in some parts of Ireland. I.E. Analogue signals through the co-axial input of the TV will not be received.
    This was not a problem for me as I have NTL digital (SCART input to TV) and my analogue signal is passed into the VCR (SCART input to TV). Just be aware!

Advertisement