Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suzuki Intruder

Options
  • 13-11-2003 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Considering getting a 125cc 01 Intruder.

just wondering if any of yee have any experience with em or what ya think or have heard about them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

The words sh*t fast do not spring to mind when it comes to the Intruder. I think it can do 0-60 in 2.4 day's !!!. When it comes to 125 cruisers stear well clear of it. Test drive a Yamaha VX125, that has a bit of a kick.

I bought a Suzuki Marauder 125 a couple of years ago and i was a bit disappointed with the build quality and the proformance. The problem with 125 class bikes is they are cheap for a very good reason.

Get yourself a "A" licence and use your money for a proper bike. Don't make the same mistake I did and waste 4k on a nice shiny bike that can't overtake a scooter !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

http://www.bikez.com/bike/index.php?bike=4360

Thats the Bike.

Its costing about 2,000 and only has 7k on the clock. not really a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭theprofessor

Hey Doodee

do you know the person that you are buying it off?

As far as I know there are no major problems with the Intruders, APART from the depreciation. But, the fact that you are buying second hand is helping you out. Just remember this when you come to sell though.

I know that Billy-Joe is saying that its (and all the cruiser 125's) not the fastest thing in the world, but its not a moped! You will learn to drive a REAL bike with gears. Also, if you go for something that needs an A license and you don't have any no claims you will be hammered on insurance.

Did you get a quote yet?

I had a Yamaha Virago 125 for a year and a half. No major problems. 2 mates still have virago's, no problems there either. I would recommend one. They do well in holding their value too. Or you could check out a 125 dragstar they a put together better than the Intruders and hold their value really well for a 125.

2000 seems very reasonable, as long as it's in good nick. What year is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

When i talked to the guy over the phone he told me that the only reason he is selling it is because he can no longer afford the insurance and is trying to pay off the loan he took out for it.

I priced one exactly the same ,apart from the fact it had only done 6k, in MegaBikes, they wanted 3,500 for it (Bit high no?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 robertob

I started off on a Marauder 125. Not the quickest bike in the world but as the Professor said, a way of learning to use motorbike gears. As the Intruder is a twin, it should be a better bike than the Marauder, a bit more oomph. But be prepared for the scooter boys on a 2 stroke 125 or 180cc to try and pushd you out of the way ;)

I bought mine secondhand for 2.5K in JP motorcycles on Pearse Street. Was a 2 year old model with 2000 Km on the clock!

I sold it a few months after I bought it to go for a bigger bike and although I put 1000 Km on it, JP allowed me the price I paid for it on trading in. Which was nice.

As you are buying second hand, depreciation is not your concern. Insurance is cheap-ish but apply for your test ASAP. Hibernian apply a loading of 35% to provisional licence holders. you'll get a refund when you pass your test.

• Advertisement
Advertisement