Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D shoot in Ballina on Sunday

Options
  • 13-11-2003 10:12pm
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know it's short notice, but if anyone's interested there's a shoot in Ballina on Sunday. More details and directions on the IFAF website.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Maybe you could post some details of what a Field shoot entails etc for all of us who have never been to one.

3D shoot I would assume means animal targets (not real animals-that's illegal in this country, thankfully)?

Does this require IFAF membership etc? Is there any sorta cross over for IAAA/IFAF? I'm assuming that the major part of membership would be insurance so I'm just asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭shock

Thankfully?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Counterintuitively, field archery shoots are generally held in woodland settings. Usually they involve paper targets - either circles or (more commonly) animal faces - but sometimes (like this weekend) 3D animals. These are lifesized models of animals ranging from rabbits and turkeys to grizzly bears.

Each 3D animal has a "kill zone" marked on it. This weekend each target will have three pegs at varying (unmarked) distances - one for compounds, one for recurves and longbows, and one for juniors and cubs. Three arrows to be shot, with varying scores for kills and wounds with the first, second or third arrows. There will be sixteen targets, to be shot twice (two rounds). All of this in the picturesque setting of Belleek Woods.

IFAF membership is necessary, and I honestly don't know what the arrangement is with other associations. The best bet is to check with Don at IFAF.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Yeah we've done some of that alright... We were doing it pretty much like target archery though.

We only did it the once after an InterVarsity in UL.

Don being Don Priestly?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Originally posted by halenger
    Don being Don Priestly?
    Yup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement