Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup

Options
  • 08-10-1999 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

[This message has been edited by tHE vAGGABOND (edited 08-10-99).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

NE1 going to the Romania match next week ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

I wish!
    I did some database work for the IRFU last week, and the boss demanded 3 tickets to Ireland vs Australia as payment. He got them yesterday and brought his golf buddies.
    "(*£^%*^!)"£^")& £%"&%$"*&(£"!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I'll be in the north terrace for tommorow for the aussie game and I have a few tickets for the romainia game smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Well you didn't miss much. I was at it and the game was crap. The ref was the crapest crap head to ever crap. Generally it was crap.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

He was just terrible alright, even the aussies were screaming insults at him.

When is the Romania game on & does anyone have spare terrace tickets?

Al.

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 11-10-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

being australian.... i quiet enjoyed yesterdays game smile.gif

the ref made 3 or 4 ****e decisions. The trevor brennen one being one, big trev being a thug does not help him. Ppl see a fight with him in the area and automatically assume it is him.

At th end of the day Ireland were ****e and did not look like winning from the first second.

Paul Wallace said it, Gatland said it and so on.

We just aint good enough :/

Being aussie you should be ashamed by your worst performance in about 50 years!

Yer good drinkers though! smile.gif

Al.

i cant believe ireland are "ranked" 8 positions behind australia in the world.
    australia are probably 3rd behind nz and sa.

i cant believe ireland are as high as 11th!

anyway, its still nice tosee you can win comfortably whilst still being ****e!

ahh, i still remember being in landsdown for the aussie v all blacks game 8 years ago where we thumped then around and went on to beat engerland in the final.
    and all that after a spectacular last injury time winning try gainst ireland.
    mind you, id support the irish rugby team before i ever go to another football match.
    everyone in irish team should be shot (with the exception of steve carr)

anyway, what did the irish papers say about the match? did they go on about brave preomances in trhe face of adversity and how our boys done the nation pround and all the other rubbish they spout every time ireland gets their wee asses whipped?
    no, they werent brave...they were crap!

all blacks still to take the title

Hmm I was talking ***** there (damn hangover), cos Lomu wasn't played against Japan, it was the second team that NZ put out. Final score was something more like 140 - 0 not 112-10.

mind you the australians did beat nz in tri-nations this year, it was boks they lost to (in Perth, by 1 point).

• Advertisement

still think the all blacks will win

australia got hammered in the two nations cup against the all blacks, but i think over all new zealand won the tri nations with the boks being beaten in every game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

NZ did win the TriNations but got beaten by Australia in their last match 40-10 or something.

I hope NZ win it outright - it was only flu that robbed them the last time..

http://www.spinsol.com/cie

i thought it was a dod*** food poisoning scandal from some south african food?

sure twas the only way they were going to win. lomu seems to be in great shape, special with that go-faster stream-lined hair-do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Austrailia lose to NZ every year in thier own little cup they have back home tongue.gif

For the last three years I do believe.

nope, I think Aussie won it this year.

in any case they beat both ABs and the boks inside of the last month.

and weren't the boks desperate against spain?! they only scraped a 40 point win - defending champions (ok, 2nd stream team) vs the newbies, should have been more like Lomu vs Japan in 95 (they won by 112 to 10 or something).

great to see pommes get a beating, but I'm worried they might still have a chance.

ah well such is life. damn good atmosphere in town though, and an excellent excuse for consuming stupendous amounts of alcohol! smile.gif

Al.

what are you on about?

Austrailia hammered NZ a few weeks ago in the Tri Nations. They also bum ****ed them last season aswell

WWMAN for the first time ever the Irish papers are telling the truth, they are full of 'we were ****e, they were less ****e' Basically some people are begining to turn around to the fact we need to rebild the team and the way they play because the only way they can score a try is is
    a)We get jammy (see gordon hamilton) !
    or
    b) O'Driscoll (who after all is only 19) or Woodie does something out of the ordinary !

That is not good enouf - we never looked next, nigh or near scoring last night :/

ON to Romainia it is then for another hammering to raise our expectations to unreasonable levels smile.gif

_Has_ anyone got spare tickets by the way (Romania game I mean)?

Cheers,

Alastair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

thanks to the Rugby world cup I cant get near the frickin TV :p

damned-rugby-freak-parent.

Got me tickets smile.gif

Where ye all going before the match?

Al.

meself and the lads will be down Baggot Street (Searsons, Landsdowne hotel ending in Jurys) before the game and then off into town to get H A M M E R E D after the game!

• Advertisement

Haha smile.gif

Sounds like a plan!

Anyways where yiz headin after the match?

Al.

Advertisement