Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Zelda cartoon is really, really bad

Options
  • 13-11-2003 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

I downloaded a few episodes of the 80s Zelda cartoon. Theres only thirteen; it lasted for two months or something.

I had heard of its crapness before, but wow, its such a bad cartoon! Think along the lines of one of those really crappy 80s cartoons and you'd hit the mark with this.

Its actually quite entertaining because its so bad. It has really, really crummy animation. Link is annoying ("Well excuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess") and all he seems interested in is getting smooched by Zelda. Theres no "violence"; Link rarely used his sword in the episodes I watched. Ganon looks deformed. They have some of the worse catch-lines in history.

But theres something cool about hearing the classic Zelda theme in a cartoon... They really botched it, but you have to see it for yourself to believe it. You can download all the episodes here (15-16MB; I haven't tried it here, so I don't know how they turn out) or you can download them off file sharing apps (Kazaa, Grokster etc.) at a larger filesize and a supposedly better quality. As if there is quality to begin with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

all i remember from that program was the live action mario and luigi. i think cyndi lauper was on it once to. wasnt there an animated kid icarus that was part of it too?
    anyway "come on its time to go, do the mario..."

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

did you never see it when it used to be on UTV on the weekend mornings back in the day? of course it was awful!! i liked the mario bros. cartoon tho...

the theme tune was quality "SUPER MARIO SUPERMARIO SUPER MARIO WORLD"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

the theme was...

Do the mario ! Swing your arms from side to side come on its time to go DO THE MARIO! Take one step and then again do the mario alltogether now ! do do do de do do you got it do dee de do de its the mario ! do the mario Swing your arms from side to side come on its time to go DO THE MARIO! Take one step and then again do the mario alltogether now ! come on now ! juuuust liiiike that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

yeah i remember that.. it was really really awful. It was a cartoon, but wasn't there a real mario who looked like Ron Jeremy... Maybe im mixing up two disturbing childhood incidents here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

there was actually 3 cartoons

Zelda - which I've only seen one episode

Super Mario Brothers - which I loved ! altough the live action bits were terrible.

Captain N (The GamesMaster) - featured all others, Simon Belmont, Gameboy, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus , Tetris land, Mother Brain etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Originally posted by Falgorn
    but wasn't there a real mario who looked like Ron Jeremy... Maybe im mixing up two disturbing childhood incidents here.
    I'd totally forgotten about that Ron Jemery dude! He used to freak me out big style. Here, after much googling, I found a pic of him in action! http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/53.html

Yik!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Wow, the pop up from that link was entertaining... I've never been so forcefully advertised to...

But @ the site WTFFF i'd say im too young to remember that but HOLY GOD

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Originally posted by quaalude
    I'd totally forgotten about that Ron Jemery dude! He used to freak me out big style. Here, after much googling, I found a pic of him in action! http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/53.html

Yik!

Haha the part at the end of that page is evil.

Yeah Lou Albano, also in "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"

Advertisement