Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Card problem - Help please

Options
  • 15-10-1999 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

I have a wee annoying problem if any of you out there have an idea, plz shout !

(I have tnt 16meg, win98, latest drivers 3.34)

When I boot up my machine, I look in the control panel and the max res and colors I can select is 1024*768 @16 bit, and any game that uses opengl fails to open.
    So i reinstall the new adapter, reboot and everything is normal, can pump up the res and color to 32bit But when I reboot again its back to 1024*768 @16 bit. Also the repete rate of my keyboard is always reset to max when this happens. Also, when it happens and I go to lower the res or color, I can't raise it back untill i reinstall the adapter. (If i turn to down to 640*480 I can't pump it back up)

So this means everytime i boot up the machine, I have to reinstall the adapter and then reboot. Kinda annoying, and I don't have an idea on whats causing it. And yes, I have tried loads of different drivers, and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the card ?

Anyone out there have an idea, SB, Koops ?

Thanx in advanx !

bubbles

[This message has been edited by bubbles (edited 15-10-99).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

yeah, this happened to me once too, i was using detonator 2.08 drivers though

i re-installed win98 and it never happened again.. i used to have to use glquake to change my windows res

glqwcl.exe -width xxx -height xxx -bpp 32 +wait + gl_max_size 0

then run a server on your own computer, and type "connect 127.1" inside quakeworld, it should crash out with an error message, and leave youre desktop in whatever mode you started glqwcl in

are you using a program called "hztool.exe"??
    if you are, then try un-checking the "instant switch" box..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

You know about the tech-support boards don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

O.K. Bubbles this is a weird problem that I havent come across before but since I see your using them 3.34 Detonators MAKE SURE that you haven't installed GeForce 256, M64 or TNT2 versions of the driver on your system. The file I sent you has about 6-8 different drivers in the main .inf file so make sure you pick the right one. Koopa might be on to something there too with that HZtool thing, its a cool program when its working properly but when settings aren't right it can be a balls.

Jimmy...

Advertisement