Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Copying Software

• 14-11-2003 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Im looking to get my hands on DVD burning software that will copy PS2 games because my discs are got badly scratched by the console(long story) and games and sometimes not loading. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

tbh, this thread is likely to get locked as soon as a mod sees it. as this is a commercial website, you aren't allowed to post anything that could be construed as illegal. you should probably read the charter before posting stuff like this.

look on the net, I'm sure you'll find something to your liking, but I won't be able to tell you where.

hang on a minute, you're a mod. you should know better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

Well if a mod asks then it must be ok!
    its very easy tbh.

Get yourself either record now max, or prassi's primio dvd (now defunct but if u pm me i can send u in the riight dirn):D

Just insert ps2 game into drive. open software and click on drive->global image -> build .gi

this creates an image of your disc, exact except for the ps2 boot sectors(which cannot be burned to a copy - only pressed).

Now just burn the image back to your disc and you have an exact image.

Now i hope you know that most ps2 games are now dvd's so you will need a dvd burner and good media. Also you need a modchip to play the copy back - i presume you know all ths??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by joc_06
    Well if a mod asks then it must be ok!
    its very easy tbh.

I wouldnt go nuts on that now. I'm not aware on the legal issues of what im doing but Im not doing this to give software to other people. I want to get some games copied before they become useless from more scratching.

If Gerry or Vex (any of the mods) thinks im doing anything illegal, then delete this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭xzodia

As far as i know you are allowed to make a copy of the games incase of damaged or loss. But i would suggest reading the copy right rules that are usually on the back or somewhere in the documentation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you could make all the copies you like, but unless your PS2 has a modchip in it you aren't going to be able to play the copied disks.

if you don't have one, then it's going to cost you €100+ to have someone fit one for you (unless you can do it yourself, which isn't recommended unless you have lots of soldering experience), so you're gonna have to ask yourself if its worth it.

that said it would e a good investment to get it done if you intend to make backups of all your games, but if it's only one or two then it would be cheaper just to buy new ones. you never know, if you contact the games maker they may give you a good deal on a replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

how can you guys play games on PAL PS2, they are sooo slow!

www.divineo.co.uk is a nice site that sells modded ps2s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

Originally posted by CyberGhost
    how can you guys play games on PAL PS2, they are sooo slow!

wha??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

PAL- runs at 50MHz with 600 lines(as i remember)

NTSC - runs at 60MHz(faster) with 525 lines(again as i remember)

why do you think people mod their ps2s and buy games from USA and Japan? PAL games are usually slower they run at 50 frames per second whereas NTSC ones run at 60 FPS, you may say 10 frames are nothing but 17.5% does make a big difference in a game especially in a fighting game like Tekken

check this link out, there are couple of clips - the PAL - NTSC comparisons
    http://j-street.org/stomski/tekken/gamex.html

Advertisement