Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes DVD Player 19.99 euro

• 14-11-2003 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭

OK dunnes dont actually make it, but if you collect 14 tokens shopping there you can get it for 19.99. I only heard the ad. on the radio so im not sure of the spec. Maybe someone can enlighten us?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You have to spend a LOT of money over a few weeks to get the tokens required to get the dvd player for 20 euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's something like €700.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

14 tokens @ 50 euros each = 700 euros
    + DVD player @ 19.99 euros= 719.99 euros

it's okay if you do acutally do your shopping in dunnes but other than that it's highway robbery.

also if the DVD is out of stock they give you 60 euros of dunnes store vouchers. what a rip

if you are looking for a good cheap dvd player power city have a region free 5.1 surround sound dvd player for 59 euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

It's 6 token's before the next two weeks (if you have the 6 before the two week's are out, you can get it) or if you dont spend as much shopping, 8 token's in the following 4 weeks or whatever then you can get it.

It's not 6 tokens in the first two week's, then 8 tokens the following 4.

So, if you get the 6 token's within two week's, it will cost you :
    €50 x 6 = €300 + €19.99 = €319.99

or, if you dont get 6 within two week's, collect 8 within the next 6 week's :
    €50 x 8 = €400 + €19.99 = €419.99

Considering the average family (well, my family) spends between €100 and €150 per week in Dunnes/Tesco, it shouldn't be too hard to get the 8 token's within the next 6 week's, without having to buy crap you dont need.

I spoke to my friend in Dunnes and asked him to get me a product code and a few token's. I'll get back to ye if I get the code... and the token's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

damn another thing i lose out on being in n ireland ffs!

Got mine today.
    It's a Ronin P807.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdhacks.php?dvdplayer=Ronin+DVD+P807

for multregion hack. :)

[edit]You have to upgrade the firmware to do it. Just follow the instructions on the site. Very easy to do.[/edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Got Mine it is a BUSH 2038. Funny the illustration in the ad was a Techniqu ?

Impressed enought with it.

So they are giving out different ones eh. I would have thought they'd be all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by The Muppet

this is what i got too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Originally posted by The Muppet

Is the Bush2038 region free and if not any links on how to make it region free. Just got it today but don't have any region 1 disks to try on it but might want know incase I see any I want etc'

Not listed here:
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdhacks.php?dvdplayer=bush&Search=Search

Gid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Is the Bush2038 region free and if not any links on how to make it region free. Just got it today but don't have any region 1 disks to try on it but might want know incase I see any I want etc'

I dont have any region 1 disks either maybe someone else can help

Sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

I got a Hyundai Dvd player. Impressed with the system. Plays vcd's iswell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

There selling them off now. 60E. Not 2 bad. No tokens

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

So, still selling for 60 yoyo, I've been thinking of getting a stand alone dvd player as the ps2 sounds like a harrier jump jet taking off. Reckon this one is the way to go, or are there any other suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Not sure how good it is or not, people here were raving about the Scotts DVD player in PowerCity which was 69euro but thats now sold out, PowerCity have still one for 59euro. Anyone know does the Dunnes DVD player match up to the Scotts one??

He he... I'm all multiregiony. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

which one you get?

I got the ronin one, and upgraded the firmware to multiregion.

The Ronin is a nice player I must say.
    I'm quite impressed with it.
    Actually must check to see if it will play RCE discs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Advertisement