Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farscape returns!!!!! Woohoo

Options
  • 14-11-2003 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

It's looking good at the mo. Rumours have surfaced and official comments are pending, but the story goes that the original crew, cast and company are being given the green light to do a 4 to 6 episode "mini series" for Sci-Fi to complete the series.

The production company in Aussie has opened for business again and it looks like the series will finally get the ending it deserves.

All I can say is 'Woohoo!" :p This show was second only to Babylon 5 for its story arc, depth and creativity. Bring it on!

c0y0te

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Just read that today. 4 feature length episodes to finish up the story. Great news indeed!

And Firefly to be made as a movie :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Feature-length episodes? are you sure? Where did you read that? I heard it was going to be a 4-hour miniseries. 4 feature-length episodes means at least 6 hours (which is great, because they're under pressure to squeeze stuff in as it is).

The miniseries is in production at the moment, the problem will be finding somewhere to air it, Sci-fi channel isn't interested. Although I'd say on this side of the water, BBC2 will probably show it.

I'm lending as many people as possible my farscape dvds (and getting them all successfully hooked :) ). Hopefully if there's enough of an audience for the miniseries, there might be a 5th season (it's a long shot, but we live in hope :) ).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yeah, get more people addicted. They managed to bring Babylon 5 back for a fifth season (although, admittedly, with a slashed budget which is something they're not prepared to sacrifice for Farscape).

Farscape is quite unique in sci-fi in terms of its tone. Only "Stargate: SG-1" manages to get the self-effacing humour, but it lacks the dark bite that Crichton and Co. can notch up.

Oh and did anyone catch Ben Browder (Crichton) in "CSI: Miami" recently? He was the bouncer in a nightclub whose resident DJ was DJ Scorpius :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I just don't see the attraction, I've watched it but wouldn't call myself a fan, its too silly :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

Cheap sets, crap stories and no depth to any of the characters. Low budget Sci fi I was surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Originally posted by azezil
    I just don't see the attraction, I've watched it but wouldn't call myself a fan, its too silly :)

You've only watched early episodes, the series gets darker in tone and richer in plot as it progresses, peaking in the 3rd series. The 2nd series was all about having a bit of fun before the tragedy begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Originally posted by leonotron
    Cheap sets, crap stories and no depth to any of the characters. Low budget Sci fi I was surprised it lasted as long as it did.

ehhhhhhh...... WTF are you on??? It wasn't low budget in any way!!!
    The storys where great and spaned a few eps each time, not like startrek where each week they dont seam to have any of the problems as the week before. At least Farscape kept to the plot of the season rather than make a load of eps and sling them together, hoping that it will make a ok season. As for the characters, Well I always found there was more depth and back round to them. More than most TV shows will do.

Farscape was always very cinematic in quality due to its budget. Although Season 1 pissed me off a bit with brown brown brown everywhere.

There was amazing depth to some of the characters. John & Aeryn provided a believable love story, not like some of the crap you see on tv - "we're in love, trust us". Scorpius would rival any Shakesperean villain. Even the puppet characters provided more depth than most human characters on shows such as Star Trek.

It might be late this year/early next year before the mini-series is shown on TV unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Dont know about you, but I have no problem waiting! Been watching Farscpae from when it first aired and never! missed an ep and I got all the DVD boxsets. So I think I can wait for something that I know will always be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=1197

The 3rd and 4th series we're great, i recommend you sit through them

Advertisement