Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignorance is bliss....

Options
  • 14-11-2003 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Right Trojan, a while back i posted this thread in the admin/suggestions forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120327
    and some people were in agreement with this idea (i'm using EvilPhil as an example). Now you chose to ignore this because you thought they only come up 2/3 times a year:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=1167424#post1167424
    Now that is a valid stat, seeing as i did a search and found 5 threads since 2001. Even though your stat is valid, your point is not. Just because it doesn't happen every single day does not mean it is not worth mentioning in the charter or is worthy of it's own sticky. It doesn't happen that often, but it is something that we (the programming board users) do not like, and is something that is not welcome on this forum. So you have chosen to ignore me, but by ignoring me you are also ignoring everyone that uses the programming forum. All i am requesting is a sticky called... actually you know already, just read my pervious thread i made on feedback/suggestions.

These threads don't pop-up that often but when they do they are very annoying. Someone who can't come up with their own project idea and wants someone else to come up with it for them is just sad, and has no relevance here. I don't mind students posting a problem they are having with a college project (i have done it myself) when they need a nudge in the right direction. So this is the last time i will chance this. G'Wan just add the sticky, it won't get ugly cause there's only two stickies there :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It is already mentioned in the FAQ for the forum. You read the FAQ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

you are missing the point here Hobbes.... I wanted a sticky entitled "DONT AS FOR PROJECT IDEAS", because most of the newbies / students that need an answer fast from here will not read the FAQ. now i must run to catch my bus, sorry that i could not have went into detail a bit more..... also it's not in the faq.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Who gives a crap - if you don't like the thread, don't read it.

And it can be quite difficult to come up with an original idea for a project - and it's not the idea that's being graded. When I was in DCU you had to come up with an idea and submit it - if it was accepted by the board that's what you project would be. The marks never had anything to do with the actual idea - it was the implementation
    i did a search and found 5 threads since 2001
    Can it be that easy to annoy you ???? 5 threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Actually I came around to the idea to put up a sticky FOR project ideas. Kind of a reference point for the students that would, over time, build up into a repository. But its just an idea and I think the moderators would rather not sticky more threads. €0.02.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You could put it as a Student FAQ and then have them put a link in the FAQ sticky?

• Advertisement
Advertisement