Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohs VS Shels

• 14-11-2003 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Bohs VS Shels tonight in Dalymount. Let's see Irish people support Irish football for a change.

This promises to be a great game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

C'mon the Gypsies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Is the season not over yet :(

Sob sob sob!!!!

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Fyckin A.

The League is headin to Dalymount tonight! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Hopefully, couldnt get time of work to go to the match !

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Great game to watch, end to end stuff. What more can you ask for?! Great crowd, great atmosphere. Everything was great, the skill was lacking a good bit but it was still a great game of football to watch. Both Goalies were superb. Makes you wonder why people would prefer to watch premiership football on tv when the action is right beside them... Now if only Dundalk were any good... :D

• Advertisement

Very good game enjoyed watching it but think Bohs found out they have 12 good players and beyond that they screwed while Shels have a lot more.

Still want neither to win it so i sitting in corner hands on head going "la la la la la la" :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Exactly. The League Of Ireland is a lot better than people think.

Support your local team.

BOHS FOR THE LEAGUE!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

yet again my problem is i dont have a local team(although i would love 1. hell if thurles were still around id probably supprot them )

I think the league is too small and should be brought up to 16 teams this way 80% of the teams wont be in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Watched it in my local last night and it was a great game. Bohs were unlucky not to get anything from the game, shels keeper made some good saves. One thing that I noticed from all the other people in the pub was the constant talk of "pure rubbish" "schoolboy standard" well yes perhaps one could say that to some extent but hell if your not willing to support your own league and take some interest in it then things will neevr get better imho. Yes the premiership is more glitzy and professional and to compare the two is a forgone outcome but there are a damn lot of poor matches in the premiership as well.

Id love to go and watch a game on a firday night. When living in galway I used to pop down to terryland to see Galway UTD most weelends but alas stuck in roscommon with no car (lowsy insurance cartels!) .. :D A few of us are trying to get some sort of a car pool going and heading off to see Longford play as they would be our nearest local team, Ive forgotten what I wanted to say now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I opted to watch this on tele instead of going to the UCD game. Was not disappointed at all. That was a great finish for the goal. I'm very happy Shels are back on top now.
    And then to make things even better, UCD won and Cork beat Derry, so UCD are off the bottom.
    Oh and that was some shot by Wes Houillhan, and an even better save to keep it out.

• Advertisement

Would prefer UCD to go down than Derry.
    Derry bring somfin to the league UCD dont and maybe Rovers to go down as well to even out the Dublin sides but if thjat happened Bray and Dublin City would prolly come up :(

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Glad to hear that it came across well on TV. We were there and it was a fantastic atmosphere and a great game to watch. Nail biting stuff for the Shels fans at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Big Ears
    yet again my problem is i dont have a local team(although i would love 1. hell if thurles were still around id probably supprot them )

I think the league is too small and should be brought up to 16 teams this way 80% of the teams wont be in Dublin.
    I think that is the main reason why there is not enough support for the Eircom league, most of the teams are Dublin. I am from Dublin City centre so who should I support? If there was only one team in Dublin then the whole of Dublin would support them just like the GAA. I would definitely support Galway or Derry or whatever if I was from there but I'm not. THey tried to get more support for Home Farm by renaming it Dublin City but that didn't work.

Originally posted by eireboy
    . I am from Dublin City centre so who should I support? If there was only one team in Dublin then the whole of Dublin would support them just like the GAA.

I see your point but the EL isnt new ,Pats Bohs Shels and Scum have longtime fans, i been going to Pats for 21 years now and well i see your point as a noobie and if the league had just started like MLS in US it would make sense.
    But as a season ticket holder with pats for a long time well its just stupid :D

If from Dublin ,everyone hates Scum so if you want to be hated support them, if you like Man Utd and find that buying the best players from the league is a good way to run a club and would like to share a taxi with the rest of the fans in the ground support Shels, if your a bitter bitter northsider with a massive chip on your shoulder and like watching good football support Bohs.
    Well Pats are also hated but only because they win when they not supposed to (we won more leagues in last 10 years than any other team weird that) majority of fans are southside and well the 4-3 this year epitomises us, we not supposed to win that game but really really wanted to (then never showed up for final but hey cant have everything ):)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I was at one match once, I think it was the FAI cup final and it was in Lansdowne Road. Shels -v- Pats, the Shels keeper got sent off and they had no replacement so they had to put an outfield player in goal. It ended 0-0 I think and then Shels won the replay. If I was to support a club it would be between Shels and Pats but seen as everyone where I live support Shels I think I might just start cheering on Pats from my sofa.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Me be a Bohs fan for 21 years now. Support your local team. If ya don't have one support Bohs. Good men/women
    The league will be ours:D

Originally posted by eireboy
    I was at one match once, I think it was the FAI cup final and it was in Lansdowne Road. Shels -v- Pats, the Shels keeper got sent off and they had no replacement so they had to put an outfield player in goal. It ended 0-0 I think and then Shels won the replay. If I was to support a club it would be between Shels and Pats but seen as everyone where I live support Shels I think I might just start cheering on Pats from my sofa.;)

Was 1-1 Sheridan got a tap in from 30 yards ,ball flicked up off Eddies heel and sat nicely for a 30 yard tap in.
    Made me cry :(

kdjac

Why does everyone hate Rovers?
    Would prefer UCD to go down than Derry.

Well I used not give a crap about UCD but now it's different because well Eddie Wallace is my best mates da. So I follow them for that reason. So obviously I dont want them to go down.

[edit]They're also technically my local side.[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Because there SCUM, There team is SCUM and there fans are SCUM
    Allways ****ting on about past glorys that they will NEVER re-live
    Bohs for the league, Shels will slip up again !

Any opinions from non Bohs supporters? :)
    Oh and from my experiences, Bohs supporters are Scum too.

• Advertisement

Bohs and Rovers have scum elements but Rovers are just sick.
    They were kicked out of Richmond for a reason and that was not a one off, no pubs will allow Rovers fans into inchicore after their games.
    They cause trouble everywhere and the fact they go on about 4 in a row constantly, when none of them were even born really pisses me off.

But great fun beating them :)

kdjac

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Yep Bohs definately have their fair share of scummers, when they came up to Dundalk for their FAI cup game they were doing nothing all game long but trying to cause trouble. They were in a segragated area but were trying to climb over a barrier which kept the two sets of supporters apart. As one guy said beside me "not one jersey among them". He's dead right, alot of teams in the EL have their "casual" supporters that do nothing but go to a game to cause trouble.

By the way, why exactly do the FAI not have all of the games on at the same time on a Saturday at 3 or something. I think that would be better for drawing in supporters rather than having games spread out throughout the week. Seems a bit stupid the way they have it at the moment, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Qadhafi

I have been following the odd FAI football (on RTE)matches since bohs went to play rosenburg in sweden (i think).

Previously I have to admit I thought the entire league was crap, all the players were all brutal and I wondered why they bothered playing?

But things seems to improve a great deal since the FAI has made a bit of an effort, lots of big flags, music, good atmosphere, pitch kept in good condition and lots of vocal supporters:D

The teams also seem to be trying to become a bit more professional. If people dont turn up to the matches then the teams cant get gate receipts->no improvements.

I watched the Bohs VS Shels match. I know the individual skill and control isnt as good as say in England but it was a very good game to watch.

If they could manage a bit more of formations it would be even better, sometimes i seen like 6 or 7 fellas round the ball.

(thats my dollars worth)

Advertisement