Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Tax Back

Options
  • 14-11-2003 5:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I'm from the north, but was working in Dublin there for 15 months on a placement for Uni.

I've just got my P45 back there this week, and am looking to get my tax back from this job.

Does anybody know what I have to do or how long it's going to take? Do I need to fill out any forms, or is the P45 all I need?

Thanks,
    Sinecure.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

You need to fill out a P50 aswell. I'm in the process of getting my tax back, I'm in the same situation as you. Send both forms to the tax office, apparently it takes 6-8 weeks to get the cash. Still, it would be welcome in January when everyone is broke!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Thanks for the reply.
    I'm presuming I'll have to get the P50 from the Irish tax office, or are the northern ones the same?

Do you return them to the same place you got registered for you PPS numbers, or to the main tax office in Dublin?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

If you can, it's a very good idea to go to the tax office itself. I happened to be there with someone else and asked in passing about getting my tax back. The lady there took my info and said I was entitled to €x back and the cheque would be sent out. I didn't even have my P45 to hand.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

Summer Tax Back

and

TaxBack

might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Henri
    Summer Tax Back and TaxBack might help.
    These charge a commission and won't deal with small amounts.

Look at www.revenue.ie - you cna even download the forms.

• Advertisement
Advertisement