Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A warning to FRIACO users in the wesht!

Options
  • 14-11-2003 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

What with Christmas coming up you would like to make sure that no nasty surprises are in store such as a big fat DD disappearing out of your account. It seems that some people in the 04 area were double billed for FRIACO after their numbers change.

There have been some major changes in the 09 area (the Wesht ) in the past week or two . November bills will be DD's outta your account in December or January so make sure you email the following(ish) to your FRIACO carrier and cc info@comreg.ie so there is no argument about this in January.

Lest you think it could/will not happen to you I would remind you of the Following Story ......where it did happen recently.

Dear My Carrier

I live in area XXX (such as 0903 or 092) . My STD code has undergone a change during the month of XXX from NNN to YYY .

The changes to the codes have been flagged to all carrriers well in advance with a procedure and schedule set out by Comreg . You should transition my billing seamlessly from my old number to my new number with no interruptions to my service .

I am serving notice on you with this email , copy also sent to Comreg today, that I shall hold you fully liable for all consequences of Double Billing should you attempt to DD my account twice as a consequence of the number change. Any overbill in December or January must be credited back forthwith together with the charges I have incurred with my bank as a consequence. Nor do I wish to receive two bills if I am not a DD customer. I expect that you people will check everything properly and that I do not have to argue with you about your own mistakes.

Dcember and January are long enough and expensive enough without the extra hassle of having my back account cleaned out by a carrier with an incompetent billing department.

You have been warned.

Yours Sincerely

Josephine E Punter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭FirA_Fascio

wow... freaky

luckily i've never been double-billed... something must be wrong :ninja:

p.s. congrats on becoming a mod, muck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Thanks Muck
    Have sent that email already but i have removed the "you have been warned " seemed a litle bit insulting.
    Last thing i need at christmas is being on the phone to those guys trying to get my beer money back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

Originally posted by Muck
    What with Christmas coming up you would like to make sure that no nasty surprises are in store such as a big fat DD disappearing out of your account. It seems that some people in the 04 area were double billed for FRIACO after their numbers change.

There have been some major changes in the 09 area (the Wesht ) in the past week or two . November bills will be DD's outta your account in December or January so make sure you email the following(ish) to your FRIACO carrier and cc info@comreg.ie so there is no argument about this in January.

The 07x area codes have all changed as well (Donegal & Sligo), so I guess I'd better do something about it too.

Advertisement