Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enter The Matrix

Options
  • 14-11-2003 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Well after seeing the pretty tepid finale to the matrix series last week I decided to get the game and see if that would make anything more clear. I'm really sorry I did. This game tries to commit every possible gaming crime it can and I've only been playing it for a few hours. I've managed to reach the later parts of the sewers and I'm really not sure whether or not to continue on, surely something exciting has to happen at some point?
    Up until this rather tedious sewege section I've had to contend with invisible walls, a terrible boss sequences, incredibly unispired level design, a stupid health/focus system, excessive backtracking (3 times on the first level alone), a complete lack of logic in almost every aspect of design and 3 control setups each as unintuitive as the last.
    Can anyone give me any reason to carry on? I got pretty excited when the trainman appeared, I thought that things might suddenly be beginning to go somewhere but this entire sewege section is boring me to tears. It's a strange credit to the designers that they can actually make bullet time seem boring and the fact that you can't survive a normal fight without going into bullet mode makes it overused. The only thing that I can say about this game is that it made me realise just how good Max Payne was. On a side not does anyone know if I can download all the fmv sequences from somewhere or a way to unlock them in the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I lost all interest when you said revolutions was teppid. Clearly you are an imbecile. Clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I'm sure a lot of people who liked Revolutions are sticking by their "if you didn't like it then you're stupid cause you didn't understand it" attitude but for me Ixoy sums up my feelings on the film perfectly:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=1204992#post1204992

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

If your at the sewers your pretty much done anyway.. might aswell finish it off, its a 5 hour game... tops.! However be warrned, its littered with flaws and buggs...ie: as good a pilot as Naoibe seems in revolutions, she cant drive a car for s**t in the game, and this really causes problems. You have to be real patient with enter the matrix, even though there is no real pay off... except a couple of video sequence which you can watch with div-x anyway (they are either on the cd, r in an installed directory.) Even if you loved the movies, its a real stretch to say anything good about this game. I'd bring it back within the 10 days if applicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

in all enter the matrix was an incredibly easy and poorly made game, i was almost tearing my hair out because of naiobi's driving.

even for the cutscenes its not worth the hefty price tag that still remains.

and anyway we all know the butler did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

enter the matrix was ****e i was so glad when i rented it althought some of the extra scenes where cool and i did like fighting the chinse guy but how crap was the car bit against the twins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Originally posted by Roller Toaster
    Well after seeing the pretty tepid finale to the matrix series last week

I'm not being anti matrix hater here but if you don't understand the films I suggest watching them till you really do and then say it's **** or not. Slating it before you really know what the story is is a bit silly. I'm not saying your stupid for not knowing the story, I had trouble with it too a little after the second one came out but I'm just saying get your head straight on the film and the whole scale of the story and how it is put into cinema before declaring it simply tepid.

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I've seen it three times in the cinema and I've just finished the game. I stick by what I said about Revolutions and as I said before simply saying ""if you didn't like it then you're stupid cause you didn't understand it" over and over doesn't wash with me, I understand what happened and the game has filled in some of the missing holes but again, that doesn't make the film great. Don't get me wrong, I don't totally hate the film but I think it's seriously flawed and I'm not basing that soley on certain obtuse elements of the film as you and Kold seem to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Can anyone give me any reason to carry on?
    Apart from Falgorn's suggestion of "you might as well because..." I don't think anyone can. The game wasn't all that hot to be honest

(oh yeah, I thought the trilogy's end was pretty cruddy too. And don't worry - I did understand it (I even got the mythological references in the cinema without fiddling around on the Internet for hours and reading fanboi sites) and I still thought it was pretty cruddy. As for the second one in particular, any movie that needs someone to come out and effectively act as a narrator for ten minutes and try to explain the raison d'etre of the movie has some serious plot development problems)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I've seen it three times in the cinema and I've just finished the game. I stick by what I said about Revolutions and as I said before simply saying ""if you didn't like it then you're stupid cause you didn't understand it" over and over doesn't wash with me, I understand what happened and the game has filled in some of the missing holes but again, that doesn't make the film great. Don't get me wrong, I don't totally hate the film but I think it's seriously flawed and I'm not basing that soley on certain obtuse elements of the film as you and Kold seem to think.

I don't think that, I was just making sure you did actually have a grasp on the film and weren't just some noob who'd watched them once and decided not to like them just so they could get some kind of rebelious kick or respect out of not liking a film that so many do! But clearly you've seen them and have valid reasons for not liking them so fair enough.

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Speaking of matrix Games The Beta Testing of MxO (The Matrix Online) should be starting soon, not sure exactly when you have to sign up to the news letter to find out exactly when.

<edit> placed direct link to newsletter sign up </edit>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

what is this matrix online you speak off?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Its a MMORPG thats out in 2004

Get your info here

Should we make a seperate thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Into the Matrix is just a very poor game cobbled togeather to cash in on the success of the first movie. Nothing more and nothing less.

Matrix Revolutions was a major let for me along with sooooooooo many other people. Not because I didnt understand it, just because it wasnt a very good movie. Defending your fav movie is one thing, but stop all this "you only hate the movie because you dont understand it" crap.

Advertisement