Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Context menus go icky

Options
  • 14-11-2003 9:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone seen menu behaviour like the attachment before? The image on the left is an initial right-click on a web page or my desktop (with ActiveDesktop turned off, Win2K); the image on the left is what it looks like if I mouse over the menu.

I've been fiddling around a bit with different software recently, most notably Avant Browser which is causing another problem (massive CPU usage and zombie processes), and a very embarassing spyware infection (bit like getting VD for me). Any tips or hints welcome.

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

anytime i have seen that before
    be it 9x or nt os..
    it was corruption of dll..
    dll from video driver or windows dll u say..

id say windows dll..

next thing is how to pinpoint which dll is been envoked when you perform that function

utlity called file monitor and registry monitor ..
    that monitors any file handles or registry queries,reads writes..

i can send ya it..

just my guess now, could be something else altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I had that a few years back (win95 v2) one aspect was the way the effect became "sticky" as the mouse was moved on right click everything it passd over went funny as in the pic.

I suspect I re-installed the video card drivers...

Mike.

Advertisement