Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Motorola V300 Camera Phone!

Options
  • 14-11-2003 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Top Up Magazine is Ireland's first and only mobile lifestyle magazine and the first issue is in shops now! To celebrate the launch, Top Up are giving Phantom FM listeners a chance to win a Motorola V300 camera phone! To enter our draw text:

Text PHANTOM to 53500

and answer a simple question! Maximum cost of entry is €1.42. Not available outside of the Republic of Ireland. S.P: Puca Tel (01) 218 6831

Winner will be contacted by phone. Terms & conditions apply.

Full details are
    here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

*cough cough*

I'm sure Phantom listeners would also be fascinated to hear that "Trout and Bugle" magazine slipped me a tenner to mention that their next issue will have a world exclusive review of trout-tickling prongs from Antigua and the new Buglemaster 3000.

And remember kids, stay indie and fight the corporations! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Magpie, Top Up magazine is a new Irish publication produced here in the city. They are also a 97.3 Phantom FM sponsor and this competition is part of the sponsorship package that we have put together for them. Whether you enter or not is up to you. Unfortunately, staying indie and fighting the revolution dosen't keep the ESB, Eircom and a dozen other suppliers from our door!

If we were to follow your suggestion we would have to drop half of our playlist (major labels etc) and the genuine indie labels that are out there I would have to check to see where the actual discs are maufactured and where the covers are printed. Most of our equipment is manufactured big corporations so that would have to go as would our computer equipment and software. We would also be asking listeners not to use the facilities and equipment of major handset manufacturers and network operators when contacting us...

Perhaps Magpie, you might want to re-enter the real world ...

Don't worry, I'm just a facetious bastard....

The statement "stay indie and fight the corporations" isn't my watchword. It's just intended to signal what I view as the irony of an FM104-hating, fight-the-established-interests, play-obscure-irish-indie-shmindy, rawk/indie/alternative (or whatever the f**k you want to call it, I've already had this particular little semantic argument) radio station jumping in feet-first into promoting a mobile phone magazine. But obviously it's just me.

How much would it cost to get 3 minis and drive them around Spars in Dublin getting people to find the Phantom FM Fugitive? That might work.

You see? Facetious.

So I noticed. The mini's are on order.

That's the spirit Brian. Here, have a Jaffa Cake...

• Advertisement

No thanks, they are manufactured by a major corporation. Just enter the competition. If you win you can give it to me.

"If" I win we can split the cash.

To fund the revolution?

No, to buy the TV rights.

What about the merchandising rights?

• Advertisement

I'm not greedy. Maybe just for the action figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Great double act...keep going...big lol(whatever that is)

"winners will be contaced (sic) by phone", apparently.

When do I find out if I've won then?

Where's my new phone?

Advertisement