Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subforums for individual teams in soccer

Options
  • 15-11-2003 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

I thought this would be a good idea. In films there is a subforum specifically there for the purpose of posting reviews of films. could we have subforums in soccer where posters can discuss their respective teams. one for each club or perhaps only for the 7 or 8 most popular clubs amongst boards users.

Individual team forums 5 votes

Absolutely
    0% 0 votes
    Only for popular teams
    60% 3 votes
    No
    40% 2 votes
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Man Utd will win this poll. It's still the pre-xmas season and everybody knows that the filth always take it easy before the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D

On the one hand I can see merit but on the other I can see much less activty on the main board. Also
    certain cretins (ie Man Utd fans) will be bouncing from board to board expressly to say how bad others teams are and how the Scum will dominate until the end of time, etc.

Mike.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Had this a million times before, general consensus is that the regular posters will just get bored telling each other how great their team is...

I dunno... its not something I want try just yet.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Originally posted by DeVore
    Had this a million times before, general consensus is that the regular posters will just get bored telling each other how great their team is...

I dunno... its not something I want try just yet.

DeV.
    while i do see devore's point about people getting bored with telling poeple how good your team is etc, but i see far more potential in this.

If you made each board private then it would stop rival fans taking the piss and would allow more indepth discussion of club news and transfer gossip.

This would allow the mods then to decide who they want in the forum and who to keep out.

Its just and idea that i have and have run by devore before but he has his doubts about it.

The decison is his and who i am to argue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

If boards.ie had a hell, a soccer team board would be it.

Some mad uber fan becomes mod and bans anyone who thinks the team won't win the quadruple or who thinks that it should have been a penalty against the team last tuesday.

Soccer froum runs grand and the mods there are some of the best ones on the site. It ain't broke so don't stick a spanner in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Oh here we go again !!!

This has come up several times this year already.

My opinion is still no way !!!

The soccer forum is actually quite good as it is presently. There are plenty of soccer specific forums out there where you can follow your specific team etc if you wish.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Soccer froum runs grand and the mods there are some of the best ones on the site. It ain't broke so don't stick a spanner in it!

Here Here. It may look to the passing browser that we are always flaming each other (well I suppose we are) but thats just part of the rivalry of being a soccer supporter . The mods there do a great job and as syke says if it aint broke............

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

How about we create a board for Man U supporters, maybe we could call it Prison.. Seriously though there is no meed for this, if you only want to hear from your teams fans then go onto that teams website, most of these have chat forums now.

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    How about we create a board for Man U supporters, maybe we could call it Prison..

Don't tease me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

um.... atari jaguar

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Create forums for Man Utd and Liverpool. 99% of the muppetry on the board comes from those 2 camps bitching at eachother.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah but then if you segregate them ... welll we've seen what a mess that is as opposed to the GAA way of mixing supporters.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the Soccer Mods for a crackin' job. Given that Gandie also patrols Politics I think that makes him Boards very own Lugs Branigan!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Although it would be nice not to have listen to the dribblings of Rodney Trotter or smemon, it's a bad idea overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How about creating the forums and then after a month, banning all the users?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

the options in the poll...

Absolutely!!
    Only for popular teams
    No way!!

Tsk... thats a bit discriminatory....
    What about a forum for the best team in the world - Rushden & Diamonds.

Originally posted by embee
    the options in the poll...

Absolutely!!
    Only for popular teams
    No way!!

Tsk... thats a bit discriminatory....
    What about a forum for the best team in the world - Rushden & Diamonds.

St. Kevins Boys club all the way........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by irishgeo
    while i do see devore's point about people getting bored with telling poeple how good your team is etc, but i see far more potential in this.

If you made each board private then it would stop rival fans taking the piss and would allow more indepth discussion of club news and transfer gossip.

This would allow the mods then to decide who they want in the forum and who to keep out.

Wouldn't that effectivley kill the soccer board though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I believe the team forums are a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

please please please please make a man utd forum. I cant stand smemon/the muppet anymore.

please.

I agree that subforms would kill the soccer board so i'll re think my ideas on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

We await your new and exciting ideas with baited breath.

Originally posted by Dustaz
    We await your new and exciting ideas with baited breath.
    So you should. :D

Advertisement