Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Zelda worth €1000?

Options
  • 15-11-2003 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

That right ladies and gentlemen, everyones favourite little elf is on his way to the star catalouge for a mere 4500 stars, or almost 1000 quid worth of nintendo gear for something that is in real terms almost worthless. They have screwed loyal fans over for long enough and for me this the _the_ final straw. The US get it for simply having a gamecube and buying two of this christmas's top titles yet we have to fork out for almost every game the gosen squad decide to release late.

I vow from this day on never to buy a Nintendo of Europe product again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

How do we help you gain stars? (responding to your sig). The link seems to just go through to some sort of login page. It would be cool to help you out, although the Ocarina of Time/Master Quest disc is the only Zelda disc on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Stu you havent found the worst part out yet.
    When you do get enough stars for anything its sold out.

Not a bad idea i want that new Zelda disc so i waiting for it patiently.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I never use those star leaflets you get with the games. You get 250 stars per game or something isn't it? 4500 is a bloody joke then. I'll hand over mine if they're still in the boxes somewhere.

By the way, what's on the Zelda disc?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well F*ck that anyway. I'll probably get ripped off on ebay as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Swifty

By the way, what's on the Zelda disc?

4 Zelda games , 2 N64 and 2 Nes or 1 Nes and 1 Snes.

GC is really an emulator didnt you know :confused:

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think you're pissed off already? Well then I probably shouldn't tell you that Gamecube owner in France and Holland only have to buy two games from Mario Kart, 1080 Snowboarding and Mario Party 5 to get the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

and there i wasted all my stars on desktop that i couldnt use on my pc anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I have 4200 stars but everything is sold out. What a let down, I would have gone for the 5000 stars gameboy player eventually but it seems Nintendo are unwilling to reward all but the few who get in quickly.

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Well F*ck that anyway. I'll probably get ripped off on ebay as well.

Interestingly enough, last time I checked eBay one was going for $71+, although I'd say prices aren't that high now.

Still, in retrospect, this is a shoddily way to treat the European Nintendo fans, and 4500 points is way too high considering other countries' options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You could always try what I did - if you see someone buying the Mario Kart bundle, offer them €20 for the Zelda disc, it worked for me and most people are buying it for Mario Kart and whatever other bundled games it comes with. Alternately, a friend of mine traded in his old Cube and some games against the Mario Kart bundle and basically ended up paying €50 for Mario Kart and the Zelda disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

so it's still available with all the mk:dd bundles?
    methinks that's what i'll get then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

So I see I'm not the only one pissed off about this. Tell me I won't have to buy another GC just for this.

Woah. The weirdest thing happened but its really cool.

I registered my NTSC Gamecube with Nintendo US around a week ago. Registering your Gamecube and two of four games qualifies for the Zelda disc.

However, I got an email today saying that the disc is on its way to it's US address, and I hadn't even started registering games yet. Good mixup on Nintendo's part!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

You can complain about this problem here, or you can send off a note to Nintendo. The latter might actually do something, so I heavily suggest doing that.

Here's details for Nintendo UK, maybe someone else has some better contacts.

Nintendo Service Centre
    Codestorm House
    Walton Road
    Farlington
    Hampshire
    PO6 1TR
    Telephone: 0870 6060 247

NintendoServiceCenter@codestorm.co.uk

Other Details:
    http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/contactus/index.jsp

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I always tell my mother never to throw anything to do with computers away because someday I'll really need it. Now I really need my nintendo stars and my mother has thrown the leaflets out. Oh the humanity. Now were did I leave my shooting iron. "Hey ma, come here, Cornation street omnibus is on early, Mwahaha!'.

Advertisement