Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Laptop battery question

• 15-11-2003 4:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

My Dell Inspiron out of the blue wouldnt start after I had left it on and seemingly ran the battery down. I plugged it in and left it to charge but while it was switched off the charge light that usually is yellow when battery is low didnt come on (it goes green when charging even if the laptop is off)

So I switched on the laptop and then all the relevant lights came on. Good good I thought, until the laptop switched itself off and now it wont switch back on no matter what I do.

So to my question:

Should the laptop run without the battery working or is it dependant on the battery to run?

Obviously I dont want to buy a new battery for it if that isnt the problem. Appreciate any insight given.

Neil

Advertisement