Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange call from frank in eircom.net

• 15-11-2003 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭

panic over , someone's dsl went down in swords and they rang about it. the person taking the info down just mispelt the name, which is almost identical to mine and when they typed in the info my details came up and so they rang my dsl enabled line to make sure i had requested the info , b4 they gave any info out.

just a simple error and the ring back policy did it's thing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

can i ask the point in telling us? Are you seeing if this guy who rang from swords is on boards and wonderin why his lines still down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Last edited by Clover on 15-11-2003 at 11:43

An assumption would be that he changed the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    can i ask the point in telling us? Are you seeing if this guy who rang from swords is on boards and wonderin why his lines still down?

no i'm not seeing if the guy is on boards . as pointed out by muffen , edited my post after talking to eircom.

i got a call this morning from eircom , it was a confimation call to the dsl line number to make sure i had requested my username and password. ( i made no such call ).

then the guy asked me for my username and password, i refused stating that if he worked for eircom he would know it already.
    i then asked him for my name and username and he got both right but he asked again for my password, i refused to give it again and he apoligised for the inconvience and hung up.

at that point i had my " paronid hat on " and was mumbaling to myself,things like " what the fcuk was that about " and " there out to get me " so i rang i-stream support and ended up talking to the guy who took the call from the person in swords ( ticketmaster) and then it was discovered it was just a spelling mistake due to almost identical surnames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

ah okie, didnt see that you edited it. Apologies :)

Just theres a lot of posts on here that are a lot of fuss about nothing and it seems like people just got bored and wanted sommet to post :p

Advertisement