Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardware dvd/divx player

• 15-11-2003 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where i can get one of these babies in the ireland/britain area. etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Don't bother with places like Amazon - www.blankdiscshop.co.uk - go to the Hardware section. You can get a DVD/MP3/DIVX/XVID/VCD player for £110 Stg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

thanks for the pointers.

In my search around the net i came across: Kiss DP-508. This seems to be one kick ass player, with an 80gb hd, and the ability to use it just like a video recorder! Anyone know where to get this online, as i can't seem to find it anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

back from the future in dublin do KISS products. €499 is the RRP on em.

check out www.kiss-technology.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by mr_angry4
    You can get a DVD/MP3/DIVX/XVID/VCD player for £110 Stg.
    (90 quid at amazon - and the liteon at blankdiscshop is actually 119. The KISS HDD/DVD player is £280 (€405), might get this cheaper elsewhere)

• Advertisement

and i don't suppose theres a player/recorder out there? I can't seem to find one for sale that can record onto a HD, but i know they exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

They seem to be charging a premium for anything with a HD in it ... I'd say get something cheap now, and upgrade in a year or two ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Does the Lite-on play Ogg Vorbis files aswell?

I think i'll go for one of the el cheapo Kiss models, they play mp3, ogg, divx (and supposedly Xvid, but i doubt it), and of coutrse DVD's. It'll set me back about 130 euro i think, not to bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the kiss ones seem to get good reviews anyway. if i was going to get one I'd certainly have them right near the top of the list.

as it stands, I've just got a TV card and am gonna stick it in my PC (still no case for it though:rolleyes:) and hook that baby up.

have a CD writer at the mo, but will be upgrading to DVD writer ASAP, assuming I get the job I went for an interview for today. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

if ye have an xbox ye could buy a new hd and mod chip for the same anmount of money which will then let ye install divx software on it so ye can watch dvd, divx, vcd, listen to mp3 and of course play xbox games.
    just a thought if ye have one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

i have a liteon lvd-2001 - plays divx4 and later, xvid, svcd, vcd, mp3 etc etc perfectly. divx3.11 alpha can be jumpy. I think they're supposed to fix this with a firmware update.
    nice unit. wasn't too expensive - £120 STG i think.

Advertisement