Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas shopping

Options
  • 15-11-2003 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knew any good deals shops are putting on in the run up to xmas as a lot tof christmas shopping has to be done on a tight buget im looking for places in belfast mostly but could got to derry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

depends on what type of thing are are looking for? and who for?

Derry has new additions to the Foyle shopping centre - debenhams and a *new* Virgin megastore (they closed the small store).. and i think there is a sale on in debenhams at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

is there anything you dont know johnny ? :D

On a more constructive point, HMV are doing buy one get one free offer on a selected variety of DVDs. Could be worth a look.....(i got pulp fiction and predator to name a few:) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Tbh forget about big gay HMV

www.play.com

The cheapest DVD's, Cd's and Games are to be found here.
    15pound dvds with free delivery!

All authentic. Mr. Maguire first directed me to this site so a big thank you to him.

if you have a sister <or girlfriend> .. that likes "friends" - the series.. they have an offer on at the minute.. buy one get one free.. go for the earlier series as the dvd contains about 8 episodes ... the later series only contain 4...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

yeah they do that friends dvd thing almost every xmas but i'm think my dad my bro my sister what to get them as well as where to get it.

• Advertisement

just a wee idea... maybe for your brother if he likes sport ...

get him tickets to see the Belfast Giants ..

I was there a couple of months back .. it was great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox
    if you have a sister <or girlfriend> .. that likes "friends" - the series.. they have an offer on at the minute.. buy one get one free.. go for the earlier series as the dvd contains about 8 episodes ... the later series only contain 4...

Or you could just go to play and get each of the first 6 series for only £18 - which is effectively £3 per DVD. Even series 7,8 & 9 are excellently priced at just approx £6 per DVD when you get each of them for £32 per series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Iceman
    Or you could just go to play and get each of the first 6 series for only £18 - which is effectively £3 per DVD. Even series 7,8 & 9 are excellently priced at just approx £6 per DVD when you get each of them for £32 per series.

Smart companies set up in Jersey, where everybody knows your name, and there is no tax on imports or exports, or corportation tax i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I'm not really understanding that post. Are you saying smart companies as in another company or is this reference to play.com?

Either way, if you post through play.ie or something like that, any website local to yourself, then you shouldn't have to pay any stamp duties, as effectively it is going through the company you oredred from (UK or ireland) and not directly to yourself from america or whatever. If they do charge you for customer etc on top of what the website advertises, then that is false advertising and you don't have to pay - you can send it back and claim the duty you were charged.

So as I said, I don't know what you're saying here, but ordering from play.com is cheap, easy, quick (quick enough) and i've never had any problems.

Advertisement