Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bots in Quake 3 Arena Test

Options
  • 18-10-1999 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

I've heard of a few small programs that claim to run the game with bot support turned on and whatever number of bots you like running around from a list of about 15. Apparently, it doesn't work, and personally I'd doubt it does...

...however, always willing to give the benefit of the doubt, is there something like this out there anyone? Does it work? Can you tell me where to get it or give instructions on how to turn a couple of bots on for praccie?

Carmack's latest .plan has no date for 1.09 (apparently with a bot or two), although it does talk about 1.09 a little.

Anyone with any info on the supposed 'bot thang' throw us a reply! wink.gif

Lucutus of Borg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Lucutus.

If you can get your hands on the 1.05 version of q3 you can enable the bots if you run game with +cheats 1. I forget how to put bots in but its a simple command so i'm sure someone can help you there. Unfortunetly the 1.08 version has disabled the bots so no joy there i'm afraid.

Jedi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Thanx Jedi.

I think I might have 1.05 lying on a drive somewhere, I'll take a look.

Anyone know the command/s I need to drop a bot or two in?

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Just get the latest version. I think its called UT, and its tons better with loads o' bots.
    So there.

Let go of me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Seeing as how this person is willing to struggle with a TEST version of Quake3 Arena to get bots working is a distinct sign that he doesn't want anything to do with the game called Unreal Tournament.

Jimmy...

[This message has been edited by SickBoy (edited 18-10-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Jedi is a bot smile.gif...tenner says he beats you by 50 frags in 10 minutes on Rail alley

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

• Advertisement

*sigh* I have UT, and have played it a fair bit. It's a great game. And I know how to set everything I want up in it.

I also have Quake 3 Arena test version 1.05 thru to 1.08. It too is also a great game. I don't know how to set everything I want up in it.

This new topic post was a simple question...not a fúcking popularity contest between first person shooter games.

Now, is there anymore smart comments?

...Chaos, you're on.

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

heheh:p

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

you go girl! etc.. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Dunno if there is bot support in 1.05. If there is when you have cheats enabled just type 'addbot' at the console and hey presto. Tell me if it works, or just wait for the official demo ..
    Slan,
    jAH

• Advertisement

Nice one jAH, I was trying everything I could think of last night

bot_num 1
    Start Bot
    Bots On
    Yadda yadda yadda...

Gave up after a while...I'll try that tonight..Thanx

smile.gif

Check out http://www.gamespy.com/top10/crates_a.shtm for a laugh....

Lucutus of Borg

Advertisement