Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone interested in Bootlegs?

Options
  • 15-11-2003 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Hi all so is there anyone interesting in bootleg trading?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭innisfree

I have loads, but would need to see a list of what you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Check out my home page

http://www.iol.ie/~pauloconnor

Thats my list

I see four links to games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

Sorry Mr Paul O Connor, but unless i missed something isn't bootleg trading a crime?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Now Taking bets on how many posts this thread will have when locked.
    And will Voodoo2 recieve, a ban, temporary Ban, or 12 Clicked?

• Advertisement

Well Every one IOL seem to have lost my website, they reloaded a old back up on there servers so I lots my website, I will up load my backup in the next few days I'll post here when i get it up loaded!

Sorry Guys

Most people are quite misinformed about live music trading. There are loads of bands out there who encourage it. It's only the scrooges who try and buy or sell it that make it illegal. Also, if a certain band says no to it, you gotta respect that.

In most cases it's perfectly legal, it's just unfortunate that most people understand bootlegs as being those E40 CD-R copies you get in Mojo and Rhythm Records.

It's pretty big in America, but never took off so well here. The Frames and Damien Rice are the only 2 that are beginning to garner some interest in the area.

see http://www.etree.org and http://www.archive.org/audio/collection.php?collection=etree for some indication of how big it has gotten (by digital means. Many still trade by post).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki
    Now Taking bets on how many posts this thread will have when locked.
    And will Voodoo2 recieve, a ban, temporary Ban, or 12 Clicked?

How very presumptious of you, thank god you don't mod music eh, or we might have some fairly innocent posters banned for no reason.

Everyones looking for a witch hunt.

Anyway, yes bootlegs.

It might seem shady, but it's hardly illegal, just frowned upon.

There are exceptions of course, with concert footage that has been aquired from sources which don't allow it to be copied. Official CD's and DVD's for example.

Trading is a very effective way to get a good collection, and nobody (usually) makes any money, except postage costs or cds costs.

Hi Everyone my web site is back up So take a look!

http://www.iol.ie/~pauloconnor

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Giblet
    There are exceptions of course, with concert footage that has been aquired from sources which don't allow it to be copied. Official CD's and DVD's for example.

In addition, any MCD concert - read the terms of sale – that is unless you have permission.

• Advertisement

Sorry, you ain't got anything I'm looking for at the moment, I'm not really doing any b&p's for the time being.
    Some of your ideals are a little dodgy for me also (but are not affecting the above).

http://jtol.jaggedpath.com/trading/

And screw the MCD rule - if the band is ok with it, I don't see MCD stopping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

u should check out the band weezer nearly every show they have done is bootlegged.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by innisfree
    And screw the MCD rule - if the band is ok with it, I don't see MCD stopping it.

Only pointing out a fact, not saying they're going to go after you.

Hey Innis I like to get some of those Dave MB boots But if ur not doing B&P & U dont like the stuff I have how can i get em off you?

Originally posted by monument
    Only pointing out a fact, not saying they're going to go after you.

I know, don't worry. I should have worded that better.
    MCD is just putting it down as a default rule, but fails to mention that if a band allows it, go for it anyway (but bring some sort of proof with you, such as a taping policy, to show security if they question).

Voodoo, DMB bootlegs are probably the most traded out there, and very easy to get. If you have broadband, I'll point you to some SHN's. If you can only trade by post, check out some sites like nancies.org, and anyoneseenthebridge.net

Advertisement