Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fried mobo & chips wanted (socket 478)

Options
  • 15-11-2003 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

I already posted this in the "Wanted" forum but I figure this may be a better forum to find burnt out mobos/cpus :D

If you have a fubar'd P4 mobo or cpu lying around and would like to help create the ultimate cooler, I'll pay the postage on it. Any P4/Celeron should do.

I'm experimenting with heatsink/waterblock mounting and I want to see how much pressure can be exerted on the cpu & socket before something snaps. The pressure will be between a solid rubber block (behind mobo) and the cpu heatspreader, so there should be no warping of the mobo. I'd like to stress 2 or 3 socket/chip combos to breaking point so I can get a good idea of how much pressure is safe.

thanks.

Advertisement