Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

x box + 2 games , €199

Options
  • 15-11-2003 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

harvey norman has a sale on at the moment, games are halo and midtonw madness, i dont have a next gen console and was thinking of getting one, any advice, i.e. stay away from xbox or go buy a gamecube? etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

I think thats an excellent deal. I haven't played Midtown Madness but Halo is class plus you get a dvd player into the bargain, sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The GAME deal is better; you get an Xbox, Halo, Midtown Madness 3, Timesplitters 3, Medal of Honor: Frontline, and two free months of Xbox LIVE for €209.

I think at that price, its very, very good. All four games are of commendable quality (especially Halo) and you get Midtown Madness 3 online at the go. On the subject of Xbox against Gamecube, look at their library and pick which one you like best. For example, you could get a Gamecube, Mario Kart: DD!!, Metroid Prime, Super Smash Bros., Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, Star Wars: Clone Wars, and a disc containing four excellent Zelda games for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by f®eak_s©enery
    and a disc containing four excellent Zelda games for the same price.

...What are you talking about? In another thread they just said how they couldn't get it?

XBox deal is really really good though - proper online gaming, DVD player, four free games, most powerful gaming machine, 209euro. Ka-ching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

The Xbox is only a DVD player once you get the DVD remote for €30. It works as a dongle, so the dvd feature is disabled until you plug in the reciever.

so it's more like €240 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by NoelRock
    ...What are you talking about? In another thread they just said how they couldn't get it?

I think if you buy the Mario Kart DD bundle it comes free with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

Where do you get tehe gamecube stuff?

Originally posted by Makaveli
    I think if you buy the Mario Kart DD bundle it comes free with it.

Yes; its the only way to get it in Europe (apart from spending a hefty 4500 points for it on Nintendo's star catalouge). The reason over the Zelda disc argument is that 90% of the people who want the disc have Gamecubes already, so its kinda screwing European Nintendo fans over (In the US, you need only to register your Gamecube or GBA SP and two of four to-be-released Nintendo games online to get the disc).

Originally posted by malico
    Where do you get tehe gamecube stuff?

GAME offer two free games (Star Wars: Bounty Hunter and Star Wars: Clone Wars) when you buy a Gamecube/Mario Kart: DD!! bundle. This is the best deal that I have heard so far and it goes for €150.

If you just want a standalone Gamecube, Argos sell them the cheapest at €99 (they retail everywhere else for €120), but I would strongly go for the afformented bundle if I was thinking of purchasing a Cube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

If you're buying your first next gen console you really can't go wrong whatever you go for. They are all great in different ways. I love my Cube the most probably because I'm hooked on zelda, it's that nintendo magic.:D

Originally posted by Burago
    If you're buying your first next gen console you really can't go wrong whatever you go for.

I'll second that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

im thinking of getting that for christmas nice price !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

anywere in dundalk sell gamecubes?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

Yeah I got the deal in Game. Savage. 4 games (excluding the fact some of them are worth 30) would cost 200. So I'm lookin at it as a free Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by wild_eyed
    harvey norman has a sale on at the moment, games are halo and midtonw madness, i dont have a next gen console and was thinking of getting one, any advice, i.e. stay away from xbox or go buy a gamecube? etc

just about makes up for their woefull radio adds.

Advertisement