Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN - Error 651

Options
  • 15-11-2003 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Hey i just installed an isdn modem and have the plug and play box in the wall, the connection is all set up and ready to go but everytime i goto connect i get the error 651 and i can't find out what it means.

I rang tech support and i got the old "try uninstalling the modem and re-installing" answer

I had already done this many times with no joy

i'm wondering if its the right number i'm trying to connect through the number im trying is 1892 150150 but i think it might be suppose to be 1893 150150 i'm not sure tho and as its not beside me i can't try it so before i make the trip home again can someone verify this for me?

Cheers

Farlz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

If you're using FRIACO (flat-rate - IOL anytime/UTVip/etc...) then the number will start with 1893.

hth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Originally posted by Farls
    ........ i get the error 651 and i can't find out what it means.
    Your modem (or other connecting device) had reported an error

One of the Remote Access configuration files probably contains invalid information. The easiest way to resolve this problem is to reinstall remote access.

If you are using a modem that is not supported by Remote Access, Switch to a supported modem, or see Overview of Modem Script File for information about modifying the modem script file for your modem
    Strange, first result in google....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Hey i tried changing the number to 1893 but that was no luck either just keep getting the same Error 651.

Really starting to bug me now, any other ideas?

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Error 651

1. If the modem is not dialing and trying to establish a connection then check to make sure that the modem is installed properly and responds to diagnostics.

2. Make sure that no other programs are using your modem. Fax software, Supervoice, etc...

3. Ctrl-Alt-Delete, if you see RNAAPP loaded, then go to the RNAAPP fix page.

4. If the modem is dialing and trying to establish a connection then try modem driver updates/init strings after checking all of the your settings.

5. Do a full internet (DUN, Network, dialers, pwl's, etc..) uninstall and reinstall.

6. Check into line noise.

Go through them, steps, 1-6 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

make sure you're using the correct ISDN control protocol. It should be Euro/DSS1. The setting for this will be in the control panel somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Cheers for all the replies lads

I've been up at college all week so i'm going home tomorrow to take another look at this problem, i'll try all thats mentioned above and report back

Farlz

Advertisement