Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion: Formal Complaints Procedure against Mods

Options
  • 15-11-2003 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

There presently isn't a formal one. Even a sticky somewhere how to go about it in an acceptable-to-all fashion might suffice.

BTW, I personally am only making a suggestion. Not inviting any sort of flame war etc.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

and what events on boards.ie have shown you that the modship of boards and subsequent problems of certain modships show the need for a Formal Complaints Procedure against Mods...

because i cannot see one...apart from leashing Par and "no pr0n Azezil" every now and again!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I'm not convinced that we need a formal procedure, but I would phrase it as follows:

"If you have a difference of opinion with a Moderator and attempts to resolve the dispute with that Moderator have proved fruitless, then explain the grievance on either Admin / Support or Feedback / Suggestions. Since disputes are inevitable on boards, be advised that bickering or frivolous complaints will be viewed as timewasting and will not help your complaint."

Which is basically what I advised you to do via PM a while ago when you asked me how to go about it. I don't see a complaint about anyone. I think you have wasted enough of our time, so if you have something to say then say it on whichever forum serves your purpose best.

"Hi, ecksor, I'd like to draw your attention to something so that you can help me out, how should I go about that."

"Post it here."

"Hm, I don't like that way, I'm going to ask other people who aren't ecksor what the best way to communicate with ecksor is. That is bound to help."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭chewb

As I said ecksor, I'm not inviting any flames etc. You informed me in a PM, and I'm suggesting that your advice be put in a Sticky or FAQ for the benefit of others. That's all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Ok, fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Pity we never got the Paddy20 forum going to recalibrate those errant Mods.

PaDDEEEEH we need ya !

M

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What part of "No" wasnt clear.

Strike 2.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement