Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run an SVCD

Options
  • 15-11-2003 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

okay, tried lots of OS and the disk seems to work fine in a standard DVD player.

any ideas as to why it wont run on a PC. tried mediamatics DVD player and windvd, as well as MS media player.

?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I think you have to browse to the actual mpeg file on the cd and execute it for it to play in media player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

latest power dvd will play svcds

also elecard mpeg2 player excellent svcd player from cd or from files on hd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

just on the same note. I was trying to use nero to burn svcd's but files that would normally fit wouldn't anymore cuz of all the extra stuff that it puts on when makin an svcd, so i was just wondering is there anything u can do to make the files fit on the cd(all the flies i was trying to put on were xvid .avi's)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

can you convert xvid to svcd ?
    what app do u use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭jEt|Dino

guides

loads of guides there 2 convert xvid to svcd
    gl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Originally posted by GUI
    latest power dvd will play svcds

also elecard mpeg2 player excellent svcd player from cd or from files on hd

ill try the new version of power DVD.

ive already tried opening the MPEG file in mediaplayer and even divx player, no joy. seems I dont have the codec.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

just on the same note. I was trying to use nero to burn svcd's but files that would normally fit wouldn't anymore cuz of all the extra stuff that it puts on when makin an svcd, so i was just wondering is there anything u can do to make the files fit on the cd(all the flies i was trying to put on were xvid .avi's)

If you enable overburn on Nero they may fit. Also you can get CDR's that can fit 800+ mb on them. I find that a combination of overburn and these disks works pretty well. I can fit around 900 mb on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Originally posted by suppafly

This probably won't help you fit all the files on, but there is tutorial on converting AVIs to KSVCD here:

http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_divx2kvcd.php

It should give you better quality than ordinary SVCD, and it will play on most DVD/SVCD players.

Advertisement