Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Camera

• 15-11-2003 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I know i said something about this subject before but i have not got a clue about digital camera. Any body out there got knowledge on them dont ubderstand mega pixel and the like. Dont really want to spend more than €150 on it i am not a pro. I would like to have one with a rechargeable battery and memory could be a big advantage. Well???????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Well mine is a Umax, with 8mb Onboard memory, SD Card Slot (More memory) 3.1 MegaPixel (Good Pictures) 4x Digital Zoom
    2X Optical. yOu can use rechargeable Batteries with it etc.

Has a loud speaker, USB connection, Digital Dictaphone function, Records Videos etc. 1.5" TFT Screen. Webcam etc.

Max Pic res (size) 2048x1536 (big)

All for €150 - Staff Discount = around 130 euro.

Good Camera Overall.

Oh yeah, can connect it to television through Scart for viewing videos, Pictures. Cable included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Go for no less than 2 megapixels.
    This will give you good prints up to 10in x 8in.

Ignore anything about digital zoom. All digital zoom does is crop the photo which you can do yourself in any photo software.

Optical zoom is what you want to be looking at if you want zoom (i'ld say get something with at least 3x optical zoom, You'ld be surprised how much you'll use it).

Memory is not an issue, You'll never have enough onboard, so you will have to shell out extra for a bigger memory card anyway.
    256k cards are fairly reasonable.

Try these
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&sku=121626&p=&t=825&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=14&GrpID=1&cks=PRL

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&sku=111977&p=&t=825&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=14&GrpID=1&cks=PRL

of course make sure you read any reviews of them before buying. look up the camera with google + reviews
    You'll also get sample pics taken with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭gazmond141014

Ya i had a look at those i like the nikon but i also saw this one for 200.Canon PowerShot A300
    3.2Mpix, 5.1x digital zoom, 16MB
    its on komplett
    What do ye think is there something it doesnt have that it should.
    Let me know as soon as possible i am eager to buy. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

it looks nice to me.
    It doesnt seem to have an optical zoom though, but for point and click its not that big a deal.
    I was in phoenix park today and took some pictures of dear.
    I have 8 times optical zoom so i could get decent photos from 50 feet away. Thats the advantage of an optical zoom.

Also the compact flash card is not too big but you wont get much bigger bundled.
    I'ld reccomend buy at least a 128 or 256MB one from www.shop4memory.com - irish website.

when it comes to printing try bonusprint.ie or get an inkjet printer. I wouldnt get one of those printer that you just stick the card in and it prints because you will most likely want to start sharoening up your photos etc on your pc first when you get into it.

All in all it looks like a pretty cedent camera to me, but i can't stress enough that you should read the reviews on it and get some sample photos taken with it.

Here are some links :
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/a300.html

sample photos:
    http://www.pbase.com/cameras/canon/powershot_a300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭gazmond141014

Ya i just ordered the Canon powershot a300. I am very bad for impulse buying. Anyways got it of Komplett so they are usually fairly fast. I will let you know how i get on once i start playing with it. Thanks for all the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement