Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

points and insurance premiums..

Options
  • 15-11-2003 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I just picked up my first two penalty points :mad:
    Fcuk it..

Question: Do i have to declare these when getting my insurance renewed?

Question: I remember a few weeks back Seámus Brennan talking about doing a deal with the insurance co's on access to driving records - did this happen??

Question: If i do declare the two points to the insurance, what sort of increase am i likely to get??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Big al

1. dont ask dont tell

2. refuse to allow it under the data protection act

3.about 10% min

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by chucky_cheese
    Fcuk it..

I feel your pain I recently got two aswell, bastads:( 38 in a 30 zone and 80 flippin euro. I strictly a speed limit guy now and I don't care who is pissed off behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Redshift
    I strictly a speed limit guy now and I don't care who is pissed off behind me.

yeah wait till the granny's come up behind you in their micra's.... God I hate when that happens !!!

Originally posted by ando
    yeah wait till the granny's come up behind you in their micra's.... God I hate when that happens !!!

Yeah with front Fog Lights Blazing:rolleyes: I Fncking hate those Micras

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

front Fog Lights Blazing

Micra's are THE WORST...half the grannies I stop and tell about the fuppin things can even find the switch!!

I saw a convertible Micra the other day. Hmmm...how cool are they...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by MadsL
    I saw a convertible Micra the other day. Hmmm...how cool are they...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ROTFLMAO!!!:D SO who was behind the wheel? some 17 year old thinking he's dead cool:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

with hibernian you get a 10% discount if you have no points. i think if you have points you just lose this discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Originally posted by chucky_cheese
    Fcuk it..

Question: Do i have to declare these when getting my insurance renewed?

Question: I remember a few weeks back Seámus Brennan talking about doing a deal with the insurance co's on access to driving records - did this happen??

Question: If i do declare the two points to the insurance, what sort of increase am i likely to get??

asaik your premium is only affected if you get 6 or more points. Not sure what the story about declaring them is though.

Advertisement