Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL disconnection charge?

• 15-11-2003 10:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering about this, you sign a contract with Eircom, but are customers aware that if you ask to be disconnected or move home they charge you €150 penalty?

Is this fact stated in the terms and conditions?...i rang because i am moving home and wanted to disconnect my line, phone that is...i mentioned i had DSL. They blabbered on about a €150 charge.

I told them i was with Esat, whom i assume will simply transfer my DSL line/account to the new house without any charges.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I was told there was no charge for moving home once you'll still be in the same exchange. If you go outside it though they'll charge you to set you up in the new exchange. In my case I'm only moving up the road so I'll be in the same one.

I think this goes for all the isp's though the amount may differ. Anyway you should really ask esat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Esat have free connection so they won't charge me. I am moving to a totally new area on the Caherdavin exchange in Limerick.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Hmm I don't know about that, Eircom also have free connection and they told me I'd have to pay if I moved. Better check with them cause I think it's the same for all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Buzz_Irl

Moving from Swords to Glasnevin and Eircom told me to-day there will be no disconnection charge - signed up in May (got connected in July but don't get me started again).

They said once a reasonable (?) period had passed they would not charge me - even went on to point out that I would qualify for the New Connection deal - can't really say fairer than that - i only hope they supply to Glasnevin, the guy on the phone couldn't tell me

Buzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I think that if you receive an answer you dont think is right from an €ircom witch (biddy), finish up the call and ring again ... once you get one that has your standpoint do the deal then and there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

told them i was with Esat, whom i assume will simply transfer my DSL line/account to the new house without any charges.

They would have to ativate your line all over again they might well charge you money ...better call to be sure

Advertisement