Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We`ve ran out of secret sauce-put these bags of mayonaisse out in the sun

• 15-11-2003 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

While I doubt few fast food chain outlets have resorted to the tactics of the krusty burger manager in fobbing off the consumer by running out of the traditional food ingredients does anyone else feel like kicking the sh1te out of fast food chain managers who,rather than just admitting that the key ingredient of their burgers has ran out,will presumably tell the staff to keep quiet about it when the customer is ordering and hope that he or she doesnt notice/care that theyve put in a lame substitute?
    [begin rant]
    The reason I rant is because today I thought my filet fish in mc donalds tasted a bit odd. Twas when Id half eaten it that I realised that,rather than the person at the till informing me that theyd run out of tartar sauce theyd put mayo on it in the hope I wouldnt notice. These underhand tactics may fool average middle class Joe taking the kids on their monthly visit to McDonalds for fear that more regular visits will leave the kids contaminated by whatever crap they read in fast food nation,but somebody who is completely dependant on fast food to the point of eating it at least 80% of days they cant fool me. There is a time for mayonaisse,and fish fillets arent the time. Theyre a bad mix.
    Another time they out ketchup in my big mac after presumably running out of that tasty yellow stuff they put in them. And,shock horror,KFC once tried to fob me off by putting ketchup in my fillet burger instead of mayonaisse. Theres a time for ketchup,and big macs and chicken fillet burgers arent covered.
    If a customer ordered a pint of beer that had just sold out and the barman decided to try fool them with a similiar coloured but different tasting beer the customer would get rightly pissed off,so why should take aways be allowed to get away with such deception?
    [rant ends]

And before anyone posts in the "who cares" mode Im bored of my arse waiting for a lift from my mate who seems to have fallen off the edge of the earth by being a half hour late. Theres nothing on tv and the PC was on,so I had a rant out of boredom and interest.
    So there you have it.......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Do Supermacs in Dublin still have that big sign that says "IN DUBLIN WE PUT KETCHUP IN OUR BURGERS"?

(nice for us country bumpkins to be told in advance and all that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Maybe you should stop worrying about it so much, and change to a healthier diet. I can understand the addiction, but seriously think about your health. (The sauce may change, but the consistency lies in the saturated fat).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    Maybe you should stop worrying about it so much, and change to a healthier diet. I can understand the addiction, but seriously think about your health. (The sauce may change, but the consistency lies in the saturated fat).
    :o :rolleyes:
    lets save the planet and drink herbal tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭Stark

no, herbal tea tastes like crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by sceptre
    Do Supermacs in Dublin still have that big sign that says "IN DUBLIN WE PUT KETCHUP IN OUR BURGERS"?

(nice for us country bumpkins to be told in advance and all that)

Kind of makes ya wonder what they put in them over the rest of the country? Feathers? Plywood? Are dublin people really that stupid that they need to be told that the red, ketchup tasting stuff in their burgers is actually ketchup? What a conspiracy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

in the rest of the country we put beef(or beef like) in our burgers, someyimes we put ketchup on our burgers.

Dont get me started on cheesburges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Hey Tha Gopher, have you tried the Filet O'Fish on a toasted [caramelised :rolleyes:] bun instead of a steamed bun ...

I used to make the weirdest burgers ever when I worked in Maccers :D ... my personal favourite being the Big B@stard

Big Mac Bun [caramelised :rolleyes:], 2 Qtr pounder patties, 2 McChicken Patties, Bacon, Ketchup, Mustard, Fried Onions, Mayo, lettuce, tomato & to top it all off a 9 piece with lots of curry sauce!!

Originally posted by rymus
    Kind of makes ya wonder what they put in them over the rest of the country

What I want to know is, why do they put cheese on a Donor Kebab in Nenagh [chipper across the road from Supermacs] ... what the fcuk is that about ... I could've died when I opened it up!!

1 other point ... I found it very hard to keep a straight face when giving my order to an Italian girl with a Tipp accent ... Lovely chips though :)

Originally posted by LoneGunM@n
    Big Mac Bun [caramelised :rolleyes:], 2 Qtr pounder patties, 2 McChicken Patties, Bacon, Ketchup, Mustard, Fried Onions, Mayo, lettuce, tomato & to top it all off a 9 piece with lots of curry sauce!!

Ohh yeah.. that'll do it :D

*goes off to fetch a mop & bucket to clean up the puddle of drool*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Kind of makes ya wonder what they put in them over the rest of the country? Feathers? Plywood? Are dublin people really that stupid that they need to be told that the red, ketchup tasting stuff in their burgers is actually ketchup? What a conspiracy!

Actually one or two places outside The Pale, I've been surprised when ordering burgers. 1 Example is a chipper in Limerick, where I ordered a bacon burger - which I assumed would have ketchup, some lettuce, maybe even mayonnaise, and then the bacon.

I was however asked what I want on it.... the guy went through the whole shebang, I said "The works" he said... "Red sauce?" I said "Yeah... everything."

Then I got a burger with a wee dollop of ketchup and a rasher on it. Obviously I should have said, I'd like some "red sauce", some mayo, maybe some lettuce, maybe even a bit of onion. So it seems the sign in Supermacs is to inform all the boggers, that our burgers here in the big shmoke automatically come with ketchup unless you otherwise specify! :)

• Advertisement

ahh well... Limerick is another story altogether. It wouldnt surprise me if they put minced ex-gang members on their burgers there. There must be an excess of flesh, what with all the shootings, stabbings and so on. No, indeedely not, never buy anything in Limerick unless youre absolutely 100% positive that it originated from outside the county. You have been warned!

ahh well... Limerick is another story altogether. It wouldnt surprise me if they put minced ex-gang members on their burgers there. There must be an excess of flesh, what with all the shootings, stabbings and so on. No, indeedely not, never buy anything in Limerick unless youre absolutely 100% positive that it originated from outside the county. You have been warned!

*lmao :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Idiot.

Originally posted by bucks73
    Idiot.

I know you are but what am I? :p

Advertisement