Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCMCIA Dos Drivers

Options
  • 16-11-2003 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

does anyone have the toshiba dos drivers for the PCMCIA card slots on a toshiba satellite 2130 laptop? I have spent all evening searching but can't find them online. Alternatively would anyone know of an alternative driver that would work? Anyu help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

ST
    are u not asking the wrong question?

should u be looking for the driver for a device
    that works in a pcmcia slot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

as far as I know, you have to have the drivers for the PCMCIA slots before you can load the drivers for the device you want to put into it.
    It's a long time since DOS drivers were needed for PCMCIA and it won't be easy to find them but I do remember one piece of software called Cardwiz that was supposed to enable PCMCIA in DOS. I only remember because of the problems it caused with other devices but if it's critical, search google for Cardwiz.

Sorry i can't be of more help bu it's probably 5 years since I did this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

GUI,

Kananga is correct, you have to install the pcmcia socket services and card services drivers to get the pcmcia sockets to work before you can install the device drivers.

I have since managed to find them on www.driverguide.com and have managed to get the PCMCIA CD rom working. I'm re-installing the os on an old laptop.

Please close thread,

Thanks.

Advertisement