Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can mirage play or what

Options
  • 19-10-1999 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Look now once and for all,
    ive been talkin to dev and have gone around in circles.
    Is there any person playin in vons 4 on 4 who disagrees with dk playin mirage or even on d2k.
    There was talk of puttin tomb and beast in with the scobe lads to beat us, so why not?
    Also there is a lot of dk bashing going around, i dont know who u are , but i think ure very sad, u may think that this is a big push by all dkers, but its not.Get your facts straight before you think of callin us muppets or lame or whatever.
    But sorry to get off the point
    Answer the question, who out there doesnt want mirage to play for us or a second (d2k) team, which wont have any of the usual players u see on so often.
    G.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

I presume this is personal opinion and thats why your asking the general about it ?

Well I say no, he cant play. It's not fair !

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its against the spirit of the convention.
    It will make a mockery of the competition.
    I am very angry about the way this has been handled in general.

I've made my views clear, I understand the other DubLAN admins are agreed with me as I canvassed them tonight.

I think its pretty low of DK to grab a player of Mirages calibre with such obvious zeal. It strikes me that they dont have the confidence in themselves that they need someone who is only going to be here for a few days to shore up their team.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

whos gonna be playing in the 4 v 4? Is anyone really interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Ok I didnt know someone was already running qw tournaments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

dev?
    how is it against the spirit?
    how will it make a mockery, as far as i can see having a player of that standard there can only raise the events rep.
    But still,
    dev
    if lets say 20 ppl who are playin in q1(thats less than half the ppl going)deathmatch games say no to both him playin for dk or the second team ill drop it and ill make sure chris does(or try very hard)
    Is it too much to ask?
    G.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

*ahem*

quote:

people it's just a game for crying out loud, if you need to be that competitive that your common sense and respect get turned off then you need to see a psychiatrist.

Here is the definition according to Websters on the word game.
    game : any form of play, amusement; activity or sport involving competition; a scheme, a plan; wild birds or animals hunted for sport or food, the flesh of such animals."

I don't see in there anywhere humiliation or personal attack. Obviously if the game as it stands now was judged upon by the actions of it's community, it wouldn't be a game. I have no words to describe what it has become other than a constant headache for people who want to have fun.

This is taken from a piece of news called "The fall and decline of the Quake community and it's causes"

read it @ http://www.bostonchick.com/articles/bpqcdecline.shtml

quote 2:

Now all was well in quakeland for a few months and then all of a sudden (it was almost an overnight thing I swear) the trash talk started. Not by one of "the family", but by some unknown that was just completely annoying. Running around tossing insults like "You suck!", omg why don't you go play Warcraft!" etc. Needless to say a lot of us ended up going underground to the cybercafes, and playing on their LAN or net servers. At least on the net servers someone had admin access and could boot the troublemakers. A lot of us actually sat down at this point and tried to analyze why someone would need to make such gestures toward people they didn't even know. The answer was quite clear at that time, they were either between the ages of 12 and 18 and their poor little hormones were raging out of control or they were just maladjusted grownups that needed to put people down due to their own personal and playing inadequacies.

feel familiar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I JUST WANNA PLAY QUAKE!

I also believe this is the general veiw in DK, in case nobody noticed we are the only clan who actually plays on-line as a clan any more.

Pres

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Either accept it or don't bother showing, Dev's too much of a Gent to say that, but Im not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Good christ, it's a game, there aren't even any prizes! You're playing for FUN.

Excuse me while I stand here with a big sign that says "Why the rest of the games community hates the Quake1 scene - Exhibit A".

Ja,
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

That Mirage fellas' head will be the size of a melon with all the fighting about him.

Whats a Quake ?

Let go of me..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Old Ser

Hehe, mirage doesnt even read these boards, i dotn usealy, but som1 told me to chek it out smile.gif
    hell be at my house on wednesday, so ill show him this
    hell hav a larf smile.gif

Advertisement