Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupidity

Options
  • 16-11-2003 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

could someone please tell me how to edit a messeage I have posted, and also how to add an avatar I tried to find how to on the site but cant D!OH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭SEAMUSD

sorry i still cant find it (HELP)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Moved to Newbie FAQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you think of every post one makes as a box. Contained within this box of black lines are:
    Your text, the post in the middle of the box
    your name on the top left of the box
    your 'cool newbie' thing on the top left of the box
    your postcount on the left
    your registered date on the left of the box
    Your profile which is a picture saying 'profile in the middle bottom of the box
    Your pm box next to that in the bottom middle of the box
    etc etc etc
    carry on until you find within the box of your post "edit". This allows you to edit your post. "quote", incidentally will copy the text of the other person's post that your quote and put it into a new message reply on that thread.

As for putting an avatar - go to your "USer CP" (either way up top underneath that annoying flashing banner thing at the very top of the page or clicky linky monkey boy...) clicky link. Now go to the place inside the user cp that says "Edit Profile". You will find it after clicking the user cp button, it is in your user cp, I promise.

Good luck

Advertisement