Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audigy2 and frontal headphones socket

• 16-11-2003 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else had a problem with a frontal headphones socket on their machine since upgrading to the latest Audigy2 drivers? Since I upgraded, when I plug in my headphones, the speaker setting switches to 2.1 audio instead of headphones. I can't seem to find any options for the frontal port. I'm running a Dell 8300 series with an Intel 875P motherboard, and Windows XP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

yea, newest drivers break live drive support. I rang creative about it with my audigy 1 and they told me to go back to the drivers which came with the card. I eventually found some compaq drivers which supported the live drive fully and were a later version than creative's latest on site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Thanks Astrofool. Bit of a shame really - they had some good fixes in the new drivers, but life without my headphones? That was just gonna f*ck up my housemates! (My lovely 5.1 Harman Kardon system was drowning out the TV and all conversation, while I thought my speakers were muted!)

Advertisement