Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer spec???

• 16-11-2003 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Im building a new computer at the moment for lan gaming (mostly). c what u's think?

motherboard
    asus P4C800-E deluxe

Processor
    P4 3.0Ghz 800Mhz fsb, HT

Graphics
    ATI (built) 9800Pro 128Mb 8x. anyone found a 9800 with samsung ramin it?

Hard drive
    Western digital 120Gb 7200rpm 8Mb cache
    will be putting a secondary drive in for mp3 and the like

Dvd burner
    NEC dvd 1300a 4x +/-R

Case
    Zorro Silver 450 Watt twin fan Psu -found a site that is cheap and only £10 shipping http://www.x-case.co.uk

one more good site for dvd media might be of help (pioneer 106 selling for £80stg its oem but very cheap) www.bigpockets.co. uk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

You may consider a Maxtor or Seagate drive (youre going for SATA?) if you want to make an attempt at keeping this box quiet ...(you'll need a lot of other stuff as well, but start with the basics :))
    Have a look at tomshardware.com where they reviewed 250Gig drives (same controller and other stuff as the 120Gig drives, just less platters) ... basically the newest tech drive (A Hitachi) came first with the Western Digital and the Maxtor sharing second place .... the Maxtor being the quieter of the two ...

My Seagate 120Gig SATA drive was nowhere to be seen except for being the quietest :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

c what u's think?
    :rolleyes:

what he really means.....

i am after buying a pile of pc parts, and my girlfriend/mates/family think i am mad, so i'll post details here, and hopefully some computer lover will say nice things to me

ps i love conputers,

nice system,
    enjoy

Advertisement