Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DeVore Interview

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Geebee

One thing that has always irked me about online message boards is the way that people will willingly insult people they don't know (em.. sorry vagga). You may or may not have a right to critise someones work, but would you say the same things to their face, Death, Bubbles, Jak, Jaden?

Roisin don't take the disrespect to heart, it just seems altogether far too easy for some people to shout from safety and comfort of their backsides.

John (Greenbean)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

GB, I would have no problem saying that in ANY forum you would choose, I've even been known to say things like this IN PERSON would you believe. I read alot of interviews, on alot of different subjects on-line, and as I said, this one particularly sucked, both in what it infered, and in it's general layout. I did NOT say that Roisin should give up forever, nor did I imply it. As a matter of fact, I think Vagga's interview was a vast improvement, easier to read, and more to the point. I don't hide behind my likkle connect and throw random abuse at people, I have better things to do in my spare time. What I will do is voice an honest and substantiated opinion, on something that concerns me. If my manner comes across as somewhat demeaning or derogatary, then, for that, I would apologise. But in this case, I think I am within the bounds of reason. So there. smile.gif

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Jeeze, wish I could say that Jaden !

But greenbean - I simply game my opinion - which was I tought the interview was hard to follow with the layout and with Rosins "Ranblings" all mixed together like that. And yes, I do tell people to thier faces if thier work sucks. You get used to doing that in Eircom. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Absolutely GB,

I used this medium to convey my dissapointment at the interview because it was more convenient.

If you'd like i could phone or write a letter detailing my opinions for you ... or you could meet me and i'd tell you.

Some of you out there appear to be of the opinion that because people might use the internet to express a negative opinion that they wouldn't normally do it in real life.

This simply isn't the case.

Just because someone uses the internet does not imply that they are some 8st wiry albino cowering in a dark cave beside a modem.

JAK.

Vag interview was a slight improvement to be fair ... but space remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Have people nothing better to do than create massive threads of abuse over absolutely nothing at all. The only offensivness in this whole thread was Deaths request for the interviewer to "get them out" which was a bit childish.
    Could everyone please stop beating their chests and shag off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sephiroth

umm me tarzan ,you jane
    i can see nothings really changed
    everyone still loves a good arguement
    keep it up lads,it makes the board a better
    read!! and whats this about all of ye coming out of the closet???Ohhh
    and DEATH i hope youve seen roisindubh
    before because if a 70 year old granny
    journalist turns up at your house asking to
    "get them out for the lads"youve only yourself to blame!!!!!!!MUHARARAARAHH

SAY MY NAME B***H
    SEPH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Geebee

"Some of you out there appear to be of the opinion that because people might use the internet to express a negative opinion that they wouldn't normally do it in real life. This simply isn't the case."

You hit the nail on the head jak, this is what I getting at really. I see alot of talk on these boards that I wouldn't expect in a normal conversation. I really don't believe that everyone is so open in reality.

I didn't want roisin taking too much to heart. It was a fairly rough initiation experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hey I'm only new to this board but the one thing I'd have to say is that a lot of people have to get less excited about little things.
    Oh and that this is just the second stage of the net. The third is when the masses get it. When everybody and there dog is on. How many people had the first phones? Not many. Now a lot of people have two.
    So if you are the type that gets really upset about something trivial, get a hard skin cos they're coming AND THEY'LL TYPE ALL IN CAPS COS THEY THINK IT'S COOL!!!!!

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Fair enough GB.

Perhaps people aren't as open in real life (at least socially), but if the internet allows people to express previously unvoiced opnions then good.

Anyway ... some1 made the point there that this has gone on a bit long and that's quite true.... i don't really care to much about the whole issue ... still passed a bit of time and interesting how one little "you might be interested post" generated all this.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Fine, bring it on. I prefer to read interviews that attack the subject rather then crawl up their leg trousers. It could go on CIE.

Mail me or do it on irc or at Dublan. I love a good argument smile.gif

DeV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement