Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Network Still Down Again

• 16-11-2003 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭

Ever since late last night the Meteor network has been down yet again. 1905 CC say that an "upgrade has overrun and they don't know when the network will be back". This is the third time in the space of less that 2 months that the Meteor network has gone completly down for me.

It went down for over 2 days last month , it went down for a whole night and morning for me last week and now it has been down for about 16 hours so far today. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

i'm not able to receive texts or calls, but can do everything else. the mammy, however, is getting no coverage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Originally posted by carrotcake
    i'm not able to receive texts or calls, but can do everything else. the mammy, however, is getting no coverage

No reception whatsoever here. No incoming or outgoing calls or texts and my I can't even access my voicemail from another line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wiggum

I left Meteor after their last outage ... This whole repeat episode just reminds me why I left that network.

The brother has had no reception on his meteor phone since yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

@Wiggum - who did you change to??

Originally posted by Faltermyer
    @Wiggum - who did you change to??

The 250 free online text messages a month sent me o2s way. Not as good value as Meteor but at least they have a good reliable network.

• Advertisement

Phew! Twasnt Vodafone!

Have always hated them as a Network for some reason, right back since I bought my first phone at 15yrs old(1998 :o )!

The new O2 online text system is pretty cool alright. Being able to store phone numbers and names is a big improvement, even if the number of txts has been cut back, its worth it inmy opinion.

Yeah, the online texting keeps me going in work.

Brother just got on to Meteor ... Apparently reception won't be back till well into tomorrow at the earliest.

ha! I'm free from that company! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

damn phone. thats it I'm changing to o2!!!!! None of my messages will deliver,I cant ring anyone...cant even find out how much credit i have!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by sillisome fiend
    cant even find out how much credit i have
    Dial 1742 and choose Option 1. *#100# is not working but 1742 is.

Already tried that,wouldn't work!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Same happened here, no signal from 8am this morning. Couldn't text or phone anybody. Spent €4 in phone boxes because of it.

I shall be moving networks also as the service is unacceptable

well my phone is working again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Mine still out. I was in tralee this morning and it was working fine. Coverage went once i reached NewCastle West atleast. I was expecting some kind of important calls tonight too. If this happens again, i'm off back to vodafone or o2.:mad:

They should send out some form of text message telling people when this is going to happen. It's just not up to standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Back up for me now too!

Originally posted by cuan

They should send out some form of text message telling people when this is going to happen. It's just not up to standard.

I could not agree more. Their customer charter says that they will have all network issues resolved with 6 hours. They also say that they "will constantly keep the customer informed of any issues". How am I been kept informed? There is not a mention on the website of this outage, they have sent me no e-mails, there was no text message sent out to customers before the upgrade. The bottom line is that Meteor don't give a toss about their customers...

The network is STILL down for me. This is just totally unacceptable ... This is happening far too often....

The last 2 times this happened I swore I was going to make a complain to Comreg. This time I mean it. Any advice on approaching Comreg would be appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Full service was restored to myself last night at 9 or so...
    Have always hated them as a Network for some reason, right back since I bought my first phone at 15yrs old(1998 )!

At least ya have a good reason anyway.. ahem...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

The network came back at around 9-10pm last night for me, but since then it's taking ages for me to send text messages.

They send eventually (30 seconds maybe), but I don't know if the problem is with my phone or the network?

Is anyone else have slow sending texts?

GPRS was flaky all weekend, too...

Finally back for me as well.

I had problems with texting after it came back as well.

Anyone phone for compensation?

My phone is damn slow at delivering messages now... and no its not because the phones are switched off! Except they seem to deliver to other meteor phones within a few seconds... but takes up to 3 or 4 hours when texting o2 or vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Odly enough, I have noticed that some messages I send to a Vodafone number seems to remain pending for considerably longer than when sending to Meteor numbers. This was also not the case before. I wonder if they upgraded their SMSC or added as second SMSC to handle the extra traffic from all these new customer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement