Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Help!?

Options
  • 16-11-2003 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

In our geography class at the moment were all pretty lost, and are unsure if our teacher is teaching us what we need to know.

What we have done so far (this includes 5th year as well)

Map Work (small bit)

We have done Physical Geo, (V-Shaped Valleys etc)
    But all we did on them was draw diagrams, and write up the steps of how they are created, nothing else..

We have done Regional Geo, now this is the worst and most confusing one. In this we have covered France, and Italy, and in each of those Countries we split them up into 3 regions each. So we then Studied 6 regions in great detail, under Economic, social and Physical, but thats it.

It seems all too structured and "Prepared" the way we are learning stuff, and looks like we wouldnt be able to answer a specific Geo LC question.

Just wondering could anyone else out there tell me how your teacher, is teaching you it. This would be a great help, just to ease my mind about the whole thing, if I were to find out that what we are doing is fine.

Thanks,
    -Coz.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

That seems pretty ok, in fact is seems allot better then my geography teacher did;
    The thing about leaving cert geography is that its very very predictable and the way he has done regional geography is to be expected, for a specific type of question. Serious if you just look at previous years questions you will know if he's going in the right direction. Shame i didn't see this earlier, i could have emailed you my notes before i deleted them.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I've taken up geogger for repeating this year, you seem to be getting similar to what I'm getting.
    If you look at the papers that's what the questions deal with, "Waffle waffle waffle 2 PROCESSES OF LANDFORM EROSION AND ONE DEPOSITON"

It's all read an regurgitate stuff as far as I can tell. Well, Physical Geography is anyway. Just started mapwork so I'd have to get back to you :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

YeaH, i took it up this year too, its so incredibly dull.
    From what i see more of it is knowing how to approach it rather than being able to think for yourself. Just keep doing past papers, it's all fairly similar. Make sure you do the fieldtrip q too, its like the hist special topic, easiest points you'll ever get.

I think Geography should be renamed DOGRAPHY and should entail the study of cute doggies.

Advertisement