Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem compiling simple IDL file.

Options
  • 16-11-2003 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm new to CORBA and IDL and am going through the online tutorial at sun.java.com:
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/idl/tutorial/GSIDL.html

I'v written the HelloWorld idl file(word for word from the tutorial) and saved it. When I try to compile it I get the error:

hello.idl (line 1): Expected one of `typedef' `struct' `union' `enum' `const' `exception' `interface' `valuetype' `module'; encountered `{'.

I have installed "JDK 1.3.1" and "J2EE sdk1.4 Beta2" on my computer.

I tried compiling a different program and I got the same error. Anyone have any ideas as to what's going wrong?
    Not sure if it'd have anything to do with it but, could it be something missing from the CLASSPATH or PATH. I think I have them set up alright.

Advertisement