Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SATA question

• 16-11-2003 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

i was thinking about getting a new chip and mobo. the thing is most of the new mobos have serial ATA. im using a PATA drive and dont plan on replacing it. is there a way around this??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

All the boards Iv seen have sata aswell as the normal ide. Im yet to see a board with just sata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

and where exactly are you gonna get the money to do this gobalob? you're going to germany, remember?

p.s. can i have your old mobo+chip for free if you upgrade?

thanx a bunch.

dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Originally posted by davidclayton

and where exactly are you gonna get the money to do this gobalob?
    from you man. cos i will sell you the chip + mobo and half the cost of the new one. how do ya like them apples!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yes most boards come with IDE ports aswell as sata so you'll have no problems there.

also the ABIT boards come with some sort of convertor so that you can use your IDE hard drive as a SATA one

which is what i'm doing now i have a wd raptor as main o/s drive and a 120gig ibm IDE drive converted to SATA using the convertor provided.

it works a beaut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

are you using an abit board cr3mo? if so, which one??

• Advertisement
Advertisement