Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Sword 3

Options
  • 16-11-2003 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought this game yet? i wanted some reviews of it and wondering if it's worth €45.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

If the first 2 are anything to go by, this should be great.
    Will get it on....Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭hudson806

For anyone interested, its only 18.98 sterling on www.mx2.com. Used these guys before and they're pretty good.

Looking forward playing it too. Can't find any reviews on the 'net yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

€40 on the PC in Smyths down in Blanch. Haven't had a chance to play it though, I'm too busy with F-Zero GX.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Just finished it there.
    I found BS2 a bit boring, but the third adventure has reaffirmed my faith in the series. It's full of the usual BS elements - good story with a bit of historical grounding, fun puzzles (although they did seem very easy this time round), detailed scenes.

I was a bit wary of the move to 3D, but if anything, it helps you take the story a bit more seriously. It feels less distant somehow than the cartoony graphics of its predecessors. The control system is fine, but it still could have worked just as well with a mouse-based interface IMO. The very end of the game, for example, is not best suited by the keyboard-based controls. There are very few other times through the game that the controls become frustrating though. Revolution obviously put a fair bit of thought into how they could transfer the interface of a traditionally 'point and click' type of game to the keyboard.

Basically, if you liked the first two, you'll like this one.
    I for one am damn glad this kind of adventure game isn't extinct yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I just read the review in pc gamer, it gave it 87% and a good all round review. BS1 is one of my favourite games ever, I have so many fond memories of it and I'm glad they made the transition to 3d well. I was a bit worried about it after I played In Cold Blood but from what you said Sico those worries were unfounded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

It's been getting mixed reviews, the quality of the narrative has been mentioned quite a lot. *Shrugs* I'll probably pick it up eventualy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

The accents are inexcusably grating (how fscking hard could it have been to get authentic French accents ffs??), but the game itself is solid. IIRC the accents in BS games have always been brutal (anyone remember the Oirish pub?).

Hell, you could turn on the subtitles and turn down the voice volumes if you really wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 larryleprechaun

any1 else finding it a little bit on the easy side !?!?...i know it wasn't going to be the length of final fantasy but it seems like anything u need for a puzzle is 2 steps away from you!!!............whereas the other 2 games would have u pulling your hair out trying to figure out what to do!!.......oh the memories...........

Advertisement