Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush In Rio..dvd...at Last!

Options
  • 16-11-2003 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

OK folks,,,got the new DVD last week, it's a real cracker,,,what an outfit,,,their still such a class act, 2 dvd's in the package,,,2nd one has a documentary and some extra angle filming and easter eggs etc...a great package...all you groovey,,rockers,,,get this and be entertained.

ciao',,,,Baggio......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Rush are a band I've always meant to get into but never could... Geddy Lee sounds too much like a smurf for my tastes... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Definitely have to get my hands on that!

And who r u callin a smurf ?:D Rush are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

- might buy that myself. I was pleasantly surprised by Vapor Trails, I thought they were flogging a dead horse throughout the 90's at times(remember the rapping skeleton in Roll the Bones video?).
    As for Geddy Lee's voice, I know what you are referring to -it is very much take-it-or-leave-it, he's no Jeff Buckley thats for sure! Still tho, instrumentally Rush are a great band to listen to, a real musicians band. Try listening to Red Barchetta or Tom Sawyer for a taster (both from Moving Pictures)

Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Only one Rush song I've ever liked and that was 'Tom Sawyer'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

I will be buying that little baby :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

wher do you find them damn easter eggs???
    I checked BY-TOR a couple of times and pressed enter till my thumb got sore but no joy!!!
    any info????
    j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

I just pressed the enter when Alex mentioned By Tor, and it worked!..as for the Anthem movie,,,my mate printed out a way of getting the easter egg to open,...but not sure how he sussed it out, try the net and see what a search will throw up...........oh..by the way>>>>>

RUSH 30TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR OF US, CANADA AND EUROPE WILL BE ANNOUNCED TOMMOROW WEDNESDAY AND ALL DATES/VENUES WILL BE STATED.....AT LAST,,SOME QUALITY IN EUROPE,,,,IF YOUR A ROCKER,,,THIS!..IS THE BAND TO SEE....

ciao'...Baggio................

SWEETNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUSH 30TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR(POSSIBLY LAST TOUR?!?)
    HERE THEY ARE!!!
    Sept. 8: London (Wembley Arena)
    Sept. 11: Birmingham, England (NEC Arena)
    Sept. 12: Manchester, England (Evening News Arena)
    Sept. 14: Glasgow (SECC)
    I will be booking my flights asap!!!
    Hope to see you there!
    ANyone know which is the best venue???
    j

• Advertisement

Originally posted by johnnyboy4711

ANyone know which is the best venue???

Whichever one has the most absobent carpet. All that goo drooling out of the congregated drummers who'll make up 85% of the audience will be a health hazard. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Originally posted by Baggio
    OK folks,,,got the new DVD last week,

new??? that's out since early last year or could be before. The newest DVD is "Visions of the Beast" which has 30-something of their music videos on it. Its klass.:cool:

The newest DVD is "Visions of the Beast"

I think you got confused with Maiden.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Oh ****e sorry, when i saw "in Rio" and "DVD", i thought it was maiden he was talking about:p Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Originally posted by nellieswellies
    I will be buying that little baby :)

But you gave me the deposit for my baby.I was putting it on lay-away for you and everything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

You've lost that €4 now.and return that baby in an SAE,preferably the one it came in.

Originally posted by UnrealQueen
    Oh ****e sorry, when i saw "in Rio" and "DVD", i thought it was maiden he was talking about:p Sorry!

Well close enough - Maiden have "Rock in Rio" and Rush "Rush in Rio"....

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

Originally posted by Ancient1
    Well close enough - Maiden have "Rock in Rio" and Rush "Rush in Rio"....

I was going to make a joke about Dio in Rio, or even Dio in Rush but something tells me it wouldn't make Boards funny post of the month

The only one of those venues I've been to is the NEC, which is huge. I had to watch the Sabbath reunion gig with rented binoculars (yes there's a stand there flogging them). So if you're going there(or any other big venue), familiarise yourself with the seating plan. It was many moons ago, but if I remember right blocks 8,9,and 10 were the ones to avoid there, and that the areas which began A,B,C,D etc. were much closer to the front.
    Next time I went the touts heard the Paddy accent and immediately the crap tickets came out 1st, and he tried persuading me they were good seats till I told him I'd been before, so use your head. The bands website are flogging tickets for a couple of days before they go on ticketmaster or whoever, so that's your best bet.
    I'd love to go myself but none of my mates would even go see them if they were playing in the local, so its not going to happen, doh!

Cheers
    Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

I got Tickets today for the Birmingham show on the 11th Sept. ... flights are working out mega cheap at the moment too ... all 'n' all Flight / Hotel & Gig ticket has worked out at €150 ..... super ****in cool :cool:

I picked up this DVD a few weeks ago, it's damn good.

Turns out Primus didn't write that riff after all, 'twas YYZ all along? Damn.

My life has been a lie :dunno:

• Advertisement

Turns out Primus didn't write that riff after all

what do you mean Doc :D ?

Many moons ago, I bought Primus' Suck On This live album and it stats with a cool riff with an odd time signature. I used to jam it with a drummer who was a huge Rush fan, but it'd always fall apart when we'd try to go into the next riff...

now I know why, he was continuing the Rush tune, I was playing a Primus tune... :dunno:

:p

any details for the above?
    Mad keen to go!!!
    johnnyboy

Johnnyboy....
    yes the tickets are on sale NOW!!.....the date at Wembley seems to be selling out fast, so you'd need to move quick on it. Also the NEC will go the same. Try Rush.com and you'll find the links to each venue for buying tickets....IF these sell out as fast as they seem to be I wouldn't be surprised if they added more dates...but let's see what happens. Book fast my man.
    Also a RUMOUR that they MAY be doing a point gig...I doubt it...but who knows.....if they do I'll STILL go to the uk to see their BIG show!!!!1.....

ciao' amigo...Baggio...............

Doctor.J....glad you liked the DVD,,yes it is classy eh?!!...ya going to see the lad's??....treat yourself my man....ciao'...Baggio.........

birmingham sold out biatch!!!!
    next up is either london and or manchester!
    better get em quick!
    I have not booked anything yet but would prefer NEC!!!
    anynews let me know asap!
    johnnyboy

Originally posted by Baggio
    Doctor.J....glad you liked the DVD,,yes it is classy eh?!!...ya going to see the lad's??....treat yourself my man....ciao'...Baggio.........

It's decent, but I wouldn't go international to see em. If the point thing materialises I'll be there...

It's not like it's a Cynic gig ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by xx
    Only one Rush song I've ever liked and that was 'Tom Sawyer'

Deadsy have a song called tom sawyer..all i can remember is theres a line in it like.."Catch the *something i forget*, catch the drift". Is that the same song?

.."Catch the *something i forget*, catch the drift". Is that the same song?

Havent heard their version, but yes, the lyrics (at least) are Rush.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Having not heard the original i cant say how it compares, but i thought it was a cool song. Deadsy are a real love/hate band tho, but id recommend it as a download :)

Advertisement