Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.S. adds 255Mhz to unlicensed 5Ghz band

Options
  • 16-11-2003 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

The FCC have added a heap more unlicensed spectrum to whats already available in the 5Ghz range .... 80% more! ... it'll be a while before it gets used, but I reckon there'll either be a new spec or maybe a revisiting of the 802.11a specs .. 200Mb/s possible?

I saw the story at news.com ... yeah yeah I know that its hardly the place to get information ... but they do cover a lot of enterprise equipment level stories ...you wont find that everywhere

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Well get the same 200Mhz here next year. See docs on Comreg about the World Radio Conference posted June and July this year on the Comreg website.

M

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Note: Irish regs are very different from the US ones. - External use of 5GHz is subject to free registration and you can's use omni's - it's point to point only

Also note if you get US equipment you can only use a few channels from each band - not all of the are license free here.

Advertisement