Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD forum poll..

Options
  • 16-11-2003 11:14pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Wanted to get the cogs moving on a DVD forum.
    this would cover DVD films, tv series, music releases and anything else DVD releases

Personally i think this is much needed here, but lets see what the rest of you thing, vote yay or nay on the poll and tell them what you want!!!!

Flogen

Do you think boards.ie needs an exclusive DVD forum? 3 votes

yay! Im brimming with DVD questions that need answering!
    0% 0 votes
    Nay, Things are grand as they are
    100% 3 votes
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I don't think there's any need for a DVD forum. Everything to do with DVD's really falls into either the Film or Television forums or Home Entertainment.

Anyway, this isn't really suitable for in here, so moved to Feedback/Suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

If you saw a film on DVD would you post it on the DVD forum, or the Film board? Surely discussions about films (whether it's DVD, cinema or video makes no difference) should go on the film board.

Likewise for TV (television board) and music (the different music boards).

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Aye, have to say I agree with Koneko. Theres little to discuss about the medium itself and what a DVD might have on it is covered by other forums.

Whats all this with the poll stuff lately? :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by DeVore

Whats all this with the poll stuff lately? :)

Some people think this is a democracy. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I voted for Atari Jaguar. In my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Bard
    democracy. :rolleyes:

democra-wha??

Would be an interesting forum, possibly best placed similar to Film Reviews .. interesting.... possibly give it a test. Might be interesting. Could post up upcoming DvDs etc. and reviews of the special options on the DvDs and also answer peoples questions on the DvD medium and the like.

Though, DvD forum is kind of a mix of the film/music/tv/technology foums in the kind of stuff people would post about on it. Would only really work as a Music and Film DvD forum where reviews and upcoming DvD deetails could live.

Woudlnt mind seeing it been tested out. I for one would like to keep it ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

No need for this, any more than we need a CDs or tapes forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement