Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Joules and his honeymoon

• 17-11-2003 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

During his honeymoon in Switzerland, James Joule is said to have used a thermometer to measure the temperature difference between the water at the top and at the bottom of a waterfall. The bottom was warmer showing it was changing Kinetic energy into Heat energy.

However also while on his honeymoon he did something else. Our Physics teacher wouldnt tell us but he just smiled. Weird. Anyone know what other strange thing he done while on his honeymoon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Presumeably he got intimate with his wife at some point? I know it sounds far fetched (I'm going on the available evidence. That is, myself.) but it WAS a honeymoon.

Advertisement