Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Adams...

Options
  • 17-11-2003 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭

complete disappointment...

self indulgent ****e

:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Daylight

Unfortunately I have to agree. It's like on every song he's trying to ape another band he loves (there's a strokes-ish song, an oasis-ish one etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

really?

thats quite a surprise, i wasnt there but i saw him last year and i thought he was fantastic...

was he on his own or did he have a band with him?

did he just play mostly new stuff or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Yup all new songs....
    Full band, prefer his old stuff but I still enjoyed the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Grow up, kids

He was excellent. He said beforehand this tour was all about Rock n Roll and Love is Hell, so people shouldn'e have been expecting Gold or Heartbreaker. He did that last year, and did an amazing show. He was dead right this time, he did something new, something completely different, and he was superb. Why do a carbon copy of a show we've already seen? He was superb. A little short at 75 minutes, but superb nonetheless. He'll be back in March with a bigger tour, and his full catalogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by Grow up, kids
    . He said beforehand this tour was all about Rock n Roll and Love is Hell, so people shouldn'e have been expecting Gold or Heartbreaker.

Yeh it was quite annoying when people kept shouting get out the acoustic guitar.... with a new album out of course he's gonna be playing it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Jolene

just because he said he was touring the album doesn't make it any less self indulgent

Self indulgent? How, pray tell me, was he self indulgent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

his self indulgence:

he came on stage and didnt seem to take into consideration [in any way] what the fans might have liked to hear. he completely indulged himself in music that he wanted to play. not even one song from any of his previous albums etc. i thought that was a bit much really. i know he is technically able to play anything he wants but to just assume that all his fans are going to like the new stuff and not mind about knowing very few [if any] of the songs was a bit presumtuous and tbh a bit unfair.

true enough he played last year [i was there] and i didnt expect him to repeat the set list. however seeing as though the new album came out only two and a half weeks ago [a good bit after the tickets went on sale] i thought it would have been courteous to play at least a few songs in his former style. also did he take into consideration the fact that some people may not have been able to attend his last gig and would have been looking forward to hearing some [good] live songs. the chances of anyone being there merely to hear songs from the new album were rather slim. i didnt object to his promotion of the new album...it has to be done [even if the album is below par]. my objection was simply that i felt i was hard done by. i was [somewhat vainly] expecting him to play at least a couple of older songs and thus was bitterly disappointed.

He played music from his new records - like he's been saying he would for weeks now. It's not self indulgent, it's progressive. This tour is about Rock'n'Roll and Love is Hell. His next European tour is in March, when he'll be playing his full catalogue, although I wouldn't be surprised, and couldn't blame him either, if he gives Dublin a miss after all the unwarranted flak he's been getting.

Advertisement